AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
01/15/15 11:27 AM (9 years ago)

Genymotion Android Emulator

I've just started to use the genymotion emulator (https://www.genymotion.com/) and I have to say it is definitely a step up from the Eclipse AVD. I have an app that I published about 10 months ago using BT 3.0, but people reported that it would not work on some Samsung Galaxy devices. I could not reproduce the problem myself as I didn't have a Samsung, but I found out that with BT 2.x it didn't show the same issues. I'm revisiting the app now and I've found the genymotion emulator for the Samsung reproduces the BT 3.0 fault! It must be quite accurate. Fixing my app will be another problem. I know genymotion has been mentioned before but I suspect it's come a long way.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/16/15 01:59 AM (9 years ago)
Something to look into. I also have issues from time to time with a device I don't have (and I don't have many). I've been putting it off for too long, I guess. Do you know if it works with Android Studio as well? Cheers! -- Smug

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
01/16/15 03:52 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Smug, yes, I believe you can integrate it into Studio and Eclipse. Before I integrated it into Eclipse, I found that you can just drag your APK over a running emulator and it will load and run it. Alan

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.