mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
01/16/15 10:54 PM (9 years ago)

Bizarre issue with adding basic custom font for app

Hi hi everyone. Doing the basic BebasNeue.otf font for design menu, but app freezes as a black screen upon launch and debugger gets stuck at: "Listing custom fonts (UIAppFonts) listed in app's .plist..." Have not done anything special to project or added any other type of fonts, just doing the same basic thing I have always done a million times, LOL! Any ideas? p.s. target membership is set, and when I remove UIAppFonts from my plist, app works fine, just without the font! Thanks! mrDavid

crazy android
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 24, 2011
Las Vegas, Nv
01/16/15 10:59 PM (9 years ago)
Had weird experience with by device settings today to with xcode

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
01/17/15 02:28 AM (9 years ago)
Hard to say...I use custom fonts all the time. Things to check... --Make sure the font file is included in the projects resource bundle. This is different than the Target. To see this it's Targets > Copy Bundle Resources. The font file in your project should show up in this list. --Is the font file valid? Lots of cheezy "free font size" offer free downloads - that are bogus! Did you buy this font or snag it from a free font download site? A good test is to see if you can successfully add it to the MacOSX Font Book. Drag it into Font Book, does it add without errors? If it won't, that's your problem. Bogus fonts are well, bogus and all sorts of things go crazy.

mrDavid
BTMods.com
San Diego, CA
01/17/15 06:45 PM (9 years ago)
Yup checked for both, was using a font I've always used (same file), ended up just redoing the entire project and all was well again - not the correct way to do it, but I had an unhappy client and had a timeline promise to keep, heh. Thanks for posting D, appreciate it. mrDavid

mrDavid
BTMods.com
San Diego, CA
09/21/15 06:51 PM (8 years ago)
This thread is at the top of the google search results for "UIAppFont buzztouch", so I figure a solution posted here, even though there was no interest, might be good. David Book was able to help me solve the issue (like the boss he is) with very little effort: 1. Go into your your project and find your /BT_Core/ folder. 2. Find your BT_device.m file, search around line 159ish for: "//show all the custom font's available in the project..." 3. Comment out that entire statement below along with the for loop (159ish to 172ish). Specifically: http://imgur.com/LANi0Bo That's it! You're good to go. This issue occurs when using custom fonts in iOS, but more specifically, using crappy fonts that are either corrupted or partially corrupted because of incompetent font makers. That's the nice version. LOL! Thanks David! mrDavid

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
09/21/15 08:51 PM (8 years ago)
Sweet!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.