Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 10    Views: 263

MX409
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 11, 2015
Essex
01/14/15 04:15 AM (9 years ago)

First time app maker and I've come across a few issues with plugins etc.

Hi, this is my first attempt at app building and I would appreciate any help :) Firstly; I have a login screen which will not let me log in. I always get the message 'Data for this screen has not been downloaded. Please check your internet connection'. (This is in the IOS Simulator in Xcode) Secondly; For the Contact Us Plugin I get 'Calls Not Support....placing calls is not supported on this device'. And lastly; The Chat Plugin does not work. Now for this do I have to use ParaChat or will the plugin just work as a chat without using ParaChat?? Thanks Dan

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/14/15 05:25 AM (9 years ago)
Welcome to Buzztouch! You may want to take a look at the instructions that came with your app download. It's a PDF file that walks you through the steps you'll need to perform to get a successful launch. It sounds like you may not have added the plugin directory to your project. But I'm just guessing. If you run through the steps outlined on the pdf you should be good. In order to make phone calls, the device must be a phone of some kind. iPod, iPad, and those kinds of devices can't make phone calls, so they're not supported. I have no idea about the Chat Plugin; you might want to ask Angry Ninja about that. Have you looked at the BT University Videos? Those will help get you going with getting your first app going. But please stop by the forums if you have other questions! Cheers! -- Smug Oh, and hitting the return key in a post will make a duplicate post. Exit the thread first. :)

MX409
Aspiring developer
Essex
01/14/15 06:25 AM (9 years ago)
Thank you When I downloaded the Xcode Project File again, it wouldn't let me run it in the simulator I got 2 red messages come up No code signing identities found: No valid signing identities (i.e certificate and private key pair) matching the team ID "(null)" were found. CodeSign error : code signing is required for product type'Application' in SDK 'iOS 8.1' I didn't have this message come up the last few times I downloaded the project files. They run just fine. What am I doing wrong? From what I understand the only solution is to create a developer program which I am not ready to do yet as the app will not work :(

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
01/14/15 07:50 AM (9 years ago)
Hey buddy! When you refresh the page like that it just reposts your last comment. Just like this thread got posted 4 times. Worry not, we've all done it! Welcome to BT as well. Good times ahead. You still having issues?

MX409
Aspiring developer
Essex
01/14/15 09:02 AM (9 years ago)
Hey! Yeah I soon realised what was happening, sorry!! Thank you, I still am having issues yeah

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
01/14/15 03:18 PM (9 years ago)
Until you're ready to join Apples Developer program, you'll have to run things on the simulator. No testing on real devices until you pay apple. Cheers! -- Smug

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
01/14/15 06:06 PM (9 years ago)
He always speaks the truth does Mr Smug.

MX409
Aspiring developer
Essex
01/15/15 02:28 AM (9 years ago)
I was trying to run it on the simulator not a device?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
01/15/15 06:49 AM (9 years ago)
hmm... Then it shouldn't bark at you. But just to be on the safe side, you can choose the type of emulator/simulator, be it iPhone 4,5,6, iPad, etcetera... it also allows you to connect 'your' device as well. Of course, it won't work; it'll bark with a codesigning error, like you're getting. So make sure you choose one of the simulators. If it lists the name of your device, or if it says 'iOS Device', it needs to be changed to a simulator. Look in the upper left hand corner, where the box and arrow are pointing: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115208762/riverheadmapsxcodeproj.png Otherwise, I'm not sure why it would be doing that. Let us know how it works out for you. Cheers! -- Smug

MX409
Aspiring developer
Essex
01/16/15 12:02 PM (9 years ago)
Wicked! That must be where it's going wrong!! Thank you so much I'll let you know once I've tried this

MX409
Aspiring developer
Essex
01/16/15 02:17 PM (9 years ago)
Yeah that worked, thanks!! :) Except now (for the first time ever) the simulator tells me 'Missing Plugin: The View Controller for this plugin was not compiled in the Xcode project' Even though I haven't done anything different when downloading the project files??

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.