QC
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 20, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
01/11/15 02:47 PM (9 years ago)

Android - Renaming Package - unable to instantiate application application java.lang.classnotfoundexception

I wanted to rename my app from TEST to something useful. Did a refactor, rename on the package and check the update references Fixed all the src codes that did not rename. Fixed the Androidmanifest items cleaned the project tried to run it and got unable to instantiate application application java.lang.classnotfoundexception delete the package and imported it back in. Closed Eclipse and restarted restarted the pc as well Updated the SDK will the latest packages and restarted again. Seems to still want the old name in the <application android:name section of the AndroidManifest. If I put the old name back in there I get past this error but then it is stuck looking for the old name for the splash screen. So my guess is something somewhere isn't renamed but haven't the foggest idea of what to do. Anyone have any ideas?

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
01/11/15 03:46 PM (9 years ago)
I'm not sure but you might have to change it under res > strings.you can probably hardcode it in the manifest as well. You probably have to change it under core in the control panel as well.also copy the new json into BT_config.text.or you can redownload project after changing name under core

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/11/15 07:30 PM (9 years ago)
An easier way to do this is to go into your control panel for that app, find the Core page, then Project Name, and change it there to what you want. Then, when you go to download your project package, everything will be as it should for a successful compile. Hope that helps! Mark

DJM
Lost but trying
Reg: Aug 20, 2013
planet earth
01/13/15 06:15 PM (9 years ago)
I changed the manifest and strings Json looked ok. Probably hidden somewhere... ugh I will go back and chnage it in the Core package and see what I get. I just had made a lot of customizations since I downloaded it from the core . Didn't want to have to retrofit things back in. Guess I should have picked my name better at the start. Hope you are doing well Mark!!!! It will be a bit before I post back on this... since I have a bunch of retro to do. Thanks to all

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.