Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 50

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/06/15 09:04 PM (9 years ago)

Odd Bug in Maps. Anyone else notice?

I think I've discovered a bug (or a feature) in the Maps childItems. At first I thought it was me (in my offline map plugin), but it seems to happen in the Location Map as well. If you create a childItem, and have it set to 'driving directions', all is well. But, as an example, *if* you edit a created entry to change the Pin color, it goes from "shows directions" to "does nothing" and that's it. You have to delete and recreate for it to show driving directions again. Not sure how to approach this. Any ideas would be welcome. In the meantime, know that any changes to an existing location 'may' lose some of it's config. Cheers! -- Smug

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
01/06/15 09:45 PM (9 years ago)
Like a long lost gold nugget. Good stuff. Without looking (it's been forever since I've seen the files for this plugin), have a look at the plugins directory...does it have a childItem.html page / file in the folder? Assuming it does, this is the file that lists all the HTML form elements the user can adjust when working with each childItem. bt_childItem.php loads and includes childItem.html for the form elements. Look at childItem.html, you'll see a bunch of HTML elements who's name / id start with json_ Each of these determine what key / value pairs are saved in the JSON structure. In this case it should include a hidden element named "json_calloutTapChoice" or something like that. Again, going from memory here. It won't hurt anything to add a hidden form field element named "json_calloutTapChoice" to the childItem.html file. Heck, you could add "json_smugLivesInGuam" and it wouldn't hurt a thing. If a value is found in the JSON for this key, cool, else, it's ignored. Add <input type="hidden" name="json_calloutTapChoice" id="json_calloutTapChoice" value=""> to childIItem.html...bet it works :-)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/06/15 09:59 PM (9 years ago)
Sweet. If it works out (and I can't think of why it wouldn't) I'll update the files for the BT_screen_map as well, and send an update to Susan. Cheers! -- Smug Edit: Works Perfectly! Thanks David! :) Edit 2: If anyone wants to update their self hosting before the update is released, merely overwrite your existing copy of 'childItem.html' with this one: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115208762/childItem.html.zip

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
01/07/15 09:33 AM (9 years ago)
I received the update from Smug and I have posted it. It should be in any projects downloaded from this point. Thanks, David and Smug!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.