Discussion Forums  >  Suggestions, Ideas, Wish List

Replies: 5    Views: 91

Frznrth
Lost but trying
Reg: Apr 03, 2014
Didsbury
04/11/14 07:36 AM (10 years ago)

Setting up a website for a future App?

Hi I joined Buzztouch with the idea of setting up an app that would provide parents with push notifications on ways they could help with their child's development. I think I jumped ahead a few steps though. After some great advice I'm going to set up a website first - soon to be www.IdeasToGrowOn.net - might as well start advertising! How should I set up the ideas that will become Pushes? In a wordpress blog on the site or in the sites pages? I'm just wondering if the wordpress blog will be that easy to organize and navigate - in the site I could set up the ideas by category and age level. Will it matter in the end? - The push would be just a short sentence about the idea - the full idea would be a page that parent would view if they are interested in finding out more. Thanks much for your time.

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
04/11/14 07:48 AM (10 years ago)
Hi and welcome @Frznrth, I have WordPress for my disability blog. You can have a look here: http://laappdeveloper.com/disabilityblog/ Once you get used to WordPress, it's easy to implement categories, pages, age level, and installing free plugins from WP. I'm not sure if they have a push plugin though but I will look into it for you. LA

Frznrth
Lost but trying
Didsbury
04/11/14 08:42 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Thanks - I didn't realize that you could set up wordpress with categories. I'll give it a try. Someone had recommended using word press and then send pushes by using its "Jetpack plugin for it's JSON interface to deliver the articles to the Mobile App" - still Greek for me at the moment. Also when I was looking at your blog a popup was talking about sending pushes - must be possible. I guess I could set up both a blog and have the same info categorized in the website pages so people could use whatever they wanted. Thanks for the help. - I'm sure more questions will come up. Great to know that buzztouch's forum has nice helpful participants. Garth

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
04/11/14 08:51 AM (10 years ago)
Frznrth, Yes I was trying out this push notification on my site. I'm trying to find one that would send a notification to an App that has my wp page installed but not sure if it's possible. LA

Frznrth
Lost but trying
Didsbury
04/11/14 10:18 AM (10 years ago)
Let me know if you figure it out. Thanks.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
04/11/14 11:50 AM (10 years ago)
LA is your man! :-)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.