stevek
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
great neck
10/22/15 01:58 PM (8 years ago)

splash screen sizes

Having a little problem with my splash screens. Just what is considered a large device - just the ipads or some of the larger iphones? And in each case, small and large, what should be the pixel dimensions of the splash screens so as to guarantee it covers the entire respective screen. Thanks.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
10/22/15 02:14 PM (8 years ago)

stevek
Aspiring developer
great neck
10/24/15 07:00 PM (8 years ago)
Mark, That link shows sizes for launch screens but I was asking about BT splash screens but that's ok. What I'd really like to know is this: I see that in images.xcassets there is a launchimage and iconapp folder, and these should be referred to in the app icons and lauchimages section of the general section of the target section in Xcode. but what exactly should be put into "Launch Screen File?" The only choices given are BT_loadConfigDataViewController or BT_plugin_mssing.xib or Bt_plugin_success.xib. I have no idea what to choose. Thanks.. Steve

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
10/25/15 01:56 AM (8 years ago)
Hi Steve, I actually use the launch screen as my screen saver. It works perfectly, and negates the need for an actual plugin. It doesn't do fades or any of that fancy stuff, but it does the job. The launchimages section is where I replace the included files with ones that I have created. Same sizes and file names, but with my images on them. That takes care of everything! Mark

stevek
Aspiring developer
great neck
10/25/15 07:23 AM (8 years ago)
Mark, I understand about entering images into the Launchimages folder in images.cassetts. But the app store wont accept the archive unless I put an entry into "Launch Screen File?" in the general section of the Targets screen. The only choices given are BT_loadConfigDataViewController or BT_plugin_mssing.xib or Bt_plugin_success.xib. Do I choose one of those or create some file of my own and if so, what kind of file. It seems to accept only .xib files and I have no idea how to create those.. Thanks..

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.