stevek
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
great neck
10/26/15 05:27 PM (8 years ago)

Real problem with submitted app version before set it up with itunes connect

Made a mistake which I can't seem to rectify. Set up a new version of my app with itunes connect, version 1.96. Then in Xcode set it up as version 1.96 and build 1.96 as I have with all previous versions and had no problem. Used xcode to submit to store BEFORE I set up itunes connect to receive it. Xcode said it submitted successfully, but when I went to itunes connect it says it was uploaded but is still waiting to prepare for submission and the version on the left has a yellow dot next to it saying preparing for submission. If I in itunes connect I click on the box which says Select a Build before submitting, pick 1.96, and then go to xcode , rearchive and submit again, I get the message from Xcode that there already exists an upload for the build in question. There seems to be no way around this The build in itunes connect still shows an upload date of today but the app is still in yellow, waiting for submission. What can I do to get out of this? Thanks.

stevek
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
great neck
10/26/15 05:59 PM (8 years ago)
Apple can really drive you crazy at times. After multiple logging in and out and trying to get it to review the app, finally it now says waiting for review. After all these years there's got to be a better way.

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
10/26/15 06:09 PM (8 years ago)
Don't know about now but there used t be an option to cancel the submission Dave

LeonG
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
Hamburg
10/27/15 03:28 AM (8 years ago)
this is normal behavior! Every time you upload a binary it takes a while for Apple to check and accept before the status changes to Waiting for Review! Sometimes it takes minutes, sometimes days.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
10/27/15 04:35 AM (8 years ago)
same here, ive submitted couple of updates since apple changed the layout in connect, and ios 9, 1 went through in half hour the other took couple of hours, its just one of those apple things, nothing you can do about it, you just have to wait and let the binary finish preparing in the build section :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.