MM2000
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 06, 2011
Los Angeles
10/24/15 04:52 PM (8 years ago)

Getting Errors - Not Sure Why

Hey all! So I'm back updating an old costumers app from BT 1.0 (I know really really really old) to the latest. I've got everything set in xposed (including making sure it can connect to iTunes connect and see that there are no issues). However, when i try and run the app I get the following error: //iOS8 handles register for push differently... if ([[UIApplication sharedApplication] respondsToSelector:@selector(registerUserNotificationSettings:)]) { //use registerUserNotificationSettings [[UIApplication sharedApplication] registerUserNotificationSettings:[UIUserNotificationSettings settingsForTypes:(UIUserNotificationTypeSound | UIUserNotificationTypeAlert | UIUserNotificationTypeBadge) categories:nil]]; [[UIApplication sharedApplication] registerForRemoteNotifications]; } else { Any ideas? What do I not have set correctly? Thanks in advance!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
10/25/15 05:49 PM (8 years ago)
You've posted code, but no errors. Could you post a bit more information to help narrow down the options? Cheers! -- Smug

MM2000
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 06, 2011
Los Angeles
10/31/15 02:20 PM (8 years ago)
@SmugWimp The error I'm getting is as follows: /Users/jimgelles/Desktop/Synagogue Apps V2.0/rodefsholomsanrafael_iOS/BT_Layout/BT_loadConfigDataViewController.m:304:86: Use of undeclared identifier 'UIUserNotificationSettings' & /Users/jimgelles/Desktop/Synagogue Apps V2.0/rodefsholomsanrafael_iOS/BT_Layout/BT_loadConfigDataViewController.m:305:52: No visible @interface for 'UIApplication' declares the selector 'registerForRemoteNotifications' I'm not sure where to get these identifies from... Thanks in advance as always!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/01/15 06:20 AM (8 years ago)
hmm... somewhere, somehow, you're missing a couple of references. I don't recognize the first error, but I recognize the second; it's crying about not being able to find 'registerForRemoteNotifications'. So either there is some additional code missing, or it's in the wrong place. Do you use push notifications in your app? If not, you don't need to register for remote notifications... Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.