Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 2    Views: 100

UniApps
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 21, 2012
An American in ...
11/20/12 04:35 AM (11 years ago)

Show current location

I just made my second Android Map App. First one shows User Location, second one does not. In the Manifest, the three permissions lines are there fine. When I installed the App, the phone asked if I wanted to show location... I tap on Options and Show My Location. Still no current location. I switch to my first App, the the icon for my location is where it is supposed to be.

UniApps
Aspiring developer
An American in ...
11/20/12 06:41 AM (11 years ago)
On Fred's suggestion, I did acknowledge that when I built the app... The Option was Start GPS on launch, with warning in bold red print . I chose NO, thinking that the user would then be able to turn it on - on the phone. I just changed it to YES, and downloaded the new .zip. I'm hoping I can just go into my existing project and change (one) something, rather than retracing all of my steps from this morning. Is there one editable line in one file that I can quick change right now? Or do I need to start the project all over, and do the other things all over again?

UniApps
Aspiring developer
An American in ...
11/20/12 07:21 AM (11 years ago)
I changed the setting in Control panel to YES, downloaded new zip. Made new Project, edited manifest and strings, exported new .apk, Uninstalled old App, installed new App. Show Location works, It's not that I was impatient to wait for forum responses, including David, but part of me wanted to gain confidence in going thru the whole process start to finish. Also, in reference to the other thread I have going here, the App did use the new config.txt file. The next test for that will be to update the config.txt file again, and see if it refreshes.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.