Discussion Forums  >  BT.com Website, Account Questions

Replies: 3    Views: 120

foo
I hate code!
Reg: Oct 08, 2012
cebu
10/08/12 05:57 AM (11 years ago)

ebook to app

hi all, i have a question about ebook to app I have an ebook that i want to create an app for ios and android. can buzztouch help me achieve this? Anybody here done this before? thanks

aquila198
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 22, 2011
location unknow...
10/08/12 06:23 AM (11 years ago)
October 8th Sign-Up - Welcome Foo! BT is a wonderful & flexible environment to do just that. Follow the tutorials and explore your creative side to bring your book to life. A few examples of how you can achieve this would be by making a home screen that is a list. This could lead to each chapter in the book; or, you could use buttons and lead readers to your chapter. Explore, do the tutorials & you will find the ideas flowing. Ask the forum when you get stuck. It's the best online community for any type of ios/android development. Welcome to BT Foo!

Sandeep
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 01, 2012
Miraj, India
10/08/12 06:30 AM (11 years ago)
Yes @aquila is correct. You can create an ebook app with BT with a main menu list screen which leads to another menu list screen which contains chapters in the book and then lastly you can have any other screen like a pdf, word doc, or html screen which contains the contents of the chapters. Before starting to prepare an app have a look at the BT learning path videos, other study materials and also have a look at the apps created by other BT members in the App store approvals and Thank you section of the forum for better understanding of what sort of apps can be created using BT. All the best!!!

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
10/08/12 09:06 AM (11 years ago)
An eBook would be good to make. A great app opportunity is right there. However, I have a feeling that Apple might reject an app like that, due to their iBooks app. I don't want to put you off making this app, but if you were looking for developing for the iOS Platform, you might want to look into publishing a book for iBooks and the iBooks Store. If you have a Mac, that is what I would do. As far as I'm aware, there isn't a certain eBook app for Android yet, so you can still look at developing an app here for Android. The software you'd need for iBooks is called 'iBooks Author' in the Mac App Store. It's an official Apple App. Here is a link: http://itunes.apple.com/ph/app/ibooks-author/id490152466?mt=12&uo=4

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.