Discussion Forums  >  BT.com Website, Account Questions

Replies: 13    Views: 103

cpmilez
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 03, 2012
Ipswich, UK
11/25/12 06:05 AM (11 years ago)

Screens Corrupt

There seems to be an issue with all of my custom html screens which seemed to of ocured in the last hour or so as it was working before and nothing has been changed. The app wont load the screen giving me the "check internet connection error". I have then checked Buzztouch cp for the screens and found the error: "Application's data directory does not exist" the application runs from Buzztouch.com. If I then try to edit the html and save it gives me the error: "This app's /documents directory could not be found." I also tried to remove the screen and re-recreate but have the same issue. From what I can tell its effecting all custom html screens :-( Has something happened to this applications dir on the server? I will try a new app as well as checking another app.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
11/25/12 06:08 AM (11 years ago)
Hmm...what is the app name in your control panel - exactly. We'll get a look. Have not heard this from anyone else so I'll be surprised if something is "corrupt." Anything's possible :-)

cpmilez
Aspiring developer
Ipswich, UK
11/25/12 06:10 AM (11 years ago)
Just to update I tried to create a new screen in another app as well as creating a new app and new screen and get the same issue: "Application's data directory does not exist." so i'm guessing there is an issue somewhere with the filesystem either globally or effecting just my user account.

cpmilez
Aspiring developer
Ipswich, UK
11/25/12 06:11 AM (11 years ago)
Thanks for quick response David, i hope its not corrupt but have the html elsewhere in any case. The App is: divazz and as above I also tried another app and a new app as well.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
11/25/12 06:12 AM (11 years ago)
Yup...your logic does make sense but I'm not seeing this with other apps (on other accounts). I see your account has a few different apps with no icons showing. This suggests that these app data-directories indeed "do not exist" or something else funky is going on. Lets start with one app...which one are you working on? Don't make any changes in your panel, just list the name of the app we should beging troubleshooting. d.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
11/25/12 06:17 AM (11 years ago)
It doesn't look like you're alone. You don't need to post any app names...looks like something else is going on (on our end). You're right! LOL. Looking...

cpmilez
Aspiring developer
Ipswich, UK
11/25/12 06:17 AM (11 years ago)
Divazz is the app i've been working on and first found the issue. Will leave panel as is.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
11/25/12 07:17 AM (11 years ago)
@cpmilez: Thanks. It looks like "new apps" are not being affected. But, a series of apps created in the past are. We will get to the bottom of this but it's likely going to be a few hours. I hate saying that. But, the reality is, it's 6:00 AM on Sunday morning on the West Coast US...the worst possible time for "issues." LOL We generally don't have trouble with this sort of thing but things do happen. We'll get to the bottom of it and post here, and on the forum in a new thread, the details we come up with. Thanks for the patience.

cpmilez
Aspiring developer
Ipswich, UK
11/25/12 07:25 AM (11 years ago)
Thanks David. No problems I understand, I would of still been in bed at 6am this morn if it wasn't for my 1yr old! I did try a new app just after and had the same problem unfortunately. It gives me some time anyway to try and get my head round iOS! Thanks again for quick responses.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
11/25/12 07:31 AM (11 years ago)
Yup, new apps were moved to a different server AFTER you struggled, reported it, and I began the diagnostic procedure. I'll be in bed, um, again, after figuring out and fixing the darned thing. LOL.

cpmilez
Aspiring developer
Ipswich, UK
11/26/12 03:23 AM (11 years ago)
For my divazz app on the custom html screens I get the error below: Application's data directory is not writable. This plugin will not work until PHP has "writable" permissions in this directory: If you're unsure what this means, ask your website administrator for assistance. I tried to delete and add screen again but still have the same problem unfortunately.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
11/26/12 10:12 AM (11 years ago)
Got it! You were right. I had flagged your apps (based on your initial report) and the File Permissions did not get updated after the restore. I just updated them. All is well. When seeing this post, I visited your control panel for this app and pressed "Save" for one of the HTML screens you created (home I think). It saved fine. BUT, the other screens, the HTML screens you created before, did not save. These must have been screens that were created before the issue and therefore were not updated with the proper permission after the data restore. Again, I intentionally skipped the apps in your control panel while I dug around to see what was going on. You should be good to go. I pressed "Save" on several of the older HTML screen and all is fine.

cpmilez
Aspiring developer
Ipswich, UK
11/26/12 10:38 AM (11 years ago)
Thanks for sorting and explanation, all sorted now. I hope your servers are all good now. Now to see what apple think to my app :|

nelaye
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 29, 2013
Kuantan
03/30/13 09:28 AM (11 years ago)
Hi David, I think my current issue is same..https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?fid=8AA7B19FE2653D6294C1105&tid=8AA7B19FE2653D6294C1105 is that something you can help ? FYI i also emailed you

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.