Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 3    Views: 130

leidig54
Lost but trying
Reg: Nov 11, 2012
York
12/30/12 02:23 PM (11 years ago)

HTML screen to home screen

Hello! I'm trying to find a way of making a button in the html screen that would take me back to the home page. I understand that there have been a few posts about this before but i thought i'd give it a bit of a kickstart as they all seem unresolved. Any ideas? My html is OK but when it comes to coding in xCode etc i'm very newbish. A step-by-step guide would be greatly appreciated. George

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
12/30/12 02:33 PM (11 years ago)
I have no idea how to do this in html either. What I did instead as a work around is to set up the right navigation bar button to bring me back to the home screen. If you're interested in taking that route let me know and I can try to help.

leidig54
Lost but trying
Reg: Nov 11, 2012
York
12/30/12 02:40 PM (11 years ago)
Ideally i'd like to get rid of the top navigation bar altogether - hence why i'd like to have that button in HTML format. jQuery headers look a bit nicer than the BT navigation bar and conform to the overall theme of the app better. It seems like quite a few people are interested in this. Just wish there was a copy&paste solution!

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
12/31/12 10:16 AM (11 years ago)
I think the native ios Custom URL Scheme is part of the equation. @kittsy is close and has a good tutorial to open your app from a Sfarai screen using your custom url. Check out this post: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=23E8837F1A2BAA382FD3118&currentPage=3 still tinkering with it myself, i think this is it once I figure out the webview issue.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.