Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 14    Views: 65

jake
I hate code!
Reg: Apr 10, 2012
location unknow...
06/28/16 12:31 AM (8 years ago)

White space at the bottom in Custom URL plugin

Hi, when I install my BT app on an android phone, there's a white blank space below the the tab bar (please see screenshot). My app only consists of a single custom url plugin. When I view the page in the browser, it doesn't have that black space at the bottom. Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3268hp3jpgqbh6/Screenshot_2016-06-28-01-29-57.png?dl=0 Please help!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/28/16 03:51 AM (8 years ago)
Take a look in your 'Tab Bar' section of the plugin control panel. Is it set to use a tab bar? That looks like it might be part of it. Cheers! -- Smug

jake
I hate code!
location unknow...
06/29/16 01:01 AM (8 years ago)
Hi Smug, I've set it to "Yes, hide the tab bar when this screen loads" but it still shows. My BT server version is v3.0.0

jake
I hate code!
location unknow...
06/29/16 01:28 AM (8 years ago)
I don't need to recompile the app to see the changes, right?

immacul8 apps
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 10, 2012
adelaide
08/08/16 02:10 AM (7 years ago)
Any solution to this yet? I get the same in custom html/text plugin. Only on android galaxy s6 not on galaxy s4... seems odd

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
08/08/16 03:32 PM (7 years ago)
If it looks good on one device, and not another, then more than likely the issue may be in your 'layout' file for the plugin. The 'solution' will be to either make changes in the layout (xml) file for the plugin, or create 'another' xml file for a few different devices. First things first: Take a copy of the existing XML file and save it somewhere, so if you make irreparable changes you can go back to the original. With respect to 'how' to modify it, I can't be of much use; Android UI drives me crazy too. But that is where you'll want to look. check out "bt_screen_customurl.xml" and that's where you'll start. Good Luck! Cheers! -- Smug

immacul8 apps
Aspiring developer
adelaide
08/13/16 05:05 PM (7 years ago)
Ive noticed its not just on the customhtml plugins its on all plugins. On larger devices there is white box at bottom of every plugin http://pheds.com.au/pokeGo/ss01.png http://pheds.com.au/pokeGo/ss02.png

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
08/13/16 07:46 PM (7 years ago)
Well, if it's on 'all' plugins, you may wish to take a look at your 'BT_activity_host.xml', that is the 'main' template from which all things are derived. But now I'm a bit curious... I can see it happening in this or that plugin, but if it is happening throughout the project, I can't help but wonder about the S6... Supposedly, the xml layout files are sort of 'one size fits all'... and with rare exception, it seems to work just fine. I admit I have a *heck* of a time getting screens to look good in Android... but once it works, it works. Not entirely sure what to suggest, but I'll ponder it in the back of my mind. If something occurs to me, I'll let you know. Cheers! -- Smug

immacul8 apps
Aspiring developer
adelaide
08/19/16 11:46 PM (7 years ago)
it seems like its leaving a space for a menu or something on large device. Playing around with BT_activity_host.xml hasn't worked so far. <!-- Full screen linear layout, fragments (plugins) run in this "box" --> <LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:id="@+id/fragmentBox" android:orientation="vertical" android:background="@android:color/transparent" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"> </LinearLayout> this code seems to be what shows each plugin. .

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
08/20/16 12:09 AM (7 years ago)
You can change which 'device' is used while you're working with the layout. I'd try using something the same resolution as the S6, just to see if there is anything that can be done. Cheers! -- Smug

immacul8 apps
Aspiring developer
adelaide
08/20/16 07:39 PM (7 years ago)
When viewing the layout on large resolution no white box shows only when run the app. I have changed the background colour of each layout in BT_activity_host to red and still white box at bottom when run app Tried setting fragment box to position and gravity on top Nothing in BT_activity_host is changing the layout. But white box displays on multiple plugins. 1 thing holding back app release

immacul8 apps
Aspiring developer
adelaide
08/27/16 03:38 PM (7 years ago)
Jumped on the mac early this morning with a fresh head. Was thinking can't be to do with the layout files as nothing was controlling the white space, so i started searching through the manifest file looking for something that stood out when I found the answer! <activity android:name=".BT_activity_host" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:theme="@style/hostThemeWithTitle" android:uiOptions="splitActionBarWhenNarrow" /> android:uiOptions="splitActionBarWhenNarrow" This uiOption here is what was putting the pesky white box at the bottom of all screens. there is 2 instance of this at bottom of manifest once removed no white box! happy days!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
08/27/16 04:52 PM (7 years ago)
That is usually what I do to move the Tab Bar from the bottom to the top... I didn't think that would apply to this situation. I know now. Cheers! -- Smug

immacul8 apps
Aspiring developer
adelaide
08/27/16 05:25 PM (7 years ago)
this has now created a new problem on my maps page. The bottom squares don't load the map image but still show the google logo and +/- buttons http://pheds.com.au/pokeGo/ss04.png once I perform an action like screenshot, open phones menu, lock then unlock phone it then completes the map I've reverted my project back to before I started playing around today and the maps still doesn't load properly. always something got half of the white space to disappear. Its in a different position depending on if theres map markers or not. http://pheds.com.au/pokeGo/ss05.png http://pheds.com.au/pokeGo/ss06.png

immacul8 apps
Aspiring developer
adelaide
08/31/16 12:09 AM (7 years ago)
oh man was doing my head in. had to download fresh project then start again. But already knowing previous errors and things needed to change to get everything to work I finally have it all sorted! no white spaces and my ad loads perfect

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.