Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 10    Views: 218

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
01/03/15 05:48 PM (9 years ago)

Make Money By Integrating AdMob Ads Into Buzztouch Plugins for Android

You may view the entire post here, on the blog: http://duskosavic.com/blog/programming/make-money-by-integrating-admob-ads-into-buzztouch-plugins-for-android/ I shall post the first half of the article here, on this forum. The second half has images and is not suitable for posting here. Please visit the above link to read everything. ======================== If you are like me, you love making apps… the excitement of choosing the right title, gathering material to publish, creating a new and fun user experience… And once you are done, your thoughts meander… ok, great, now how do I make money with all this!? If you have a nice app, that is being downloaded at least several hundreds of times per day, you may choose to monetize with ads within the app. I have touched here on the general process of in app advertising with Buzztouch, however, now I want to tell you how’s that playing live, in my own app. Why Did I Choose AdMob? Because Google owns it, because Google owns Android and because Google owns YouTube. A few years ago I had a very good experience with AdSense and some of my sites (Google owns traffic and Google owns AdSense too), until Google stopped sending traffic to my site because one of its infamous “slaps”. So why go with AdMob, which is for apps what AdSense used to be for sites!? Now there are competitors, that’s why. The biggest competitor is Apple with its App Store, meaning, if Google stops loving my apps, I have elsewhere to go. Also, there are about 40 large and up to 150 not so large sites for distribution of Android apps which are independent from the Google’s Play Store. I can distribute my apps from my own site if I wanted to, and then the apps can “sell” my other apps on their own, which sites just cannot do. Finally, AdMob is the largest ads network for apps, they pay always on time, have large inventory of ads and so I feel I’m safe. If they do not like my apps any more, I should be able to switch to another ad network with a turn of a switch, as they say. Buzztouch For AdMob I love Buzztouch because it is an open source platform. I have access to all the source code and I can write my own. I don’t have to, though. It is perfectly normal to create a nice BT app without any coding, thanks to so-called plugins, pieces of code that one can sell and buy on BT plugin market. In 2014 I had the opportunity to write large apps for both Android and iOS, in Java and Objective_C, respectively. I also wrote many plugins for my own usage, and the AdMob plugin is one of them. Sometimes, I will sell the code that I already had developed, sometimes, it will be the other way around, the customer says what they want and then I write a custom plugin, one or more. AdMob plugins I first wrote for myself and then sold it as a plugin, while the Share to Social Sites plugin I wrote for someone else and then applied to my own apps. Works both ways. Since Buzztouch is an open platform I used the existing plugins to add AdMob ads into. There isn’t one specific AdMob plugin that you can plug in into your app, I actually added AdMob code into the existing plugins, such as Menu with Image, Menu Buttons, HTML Pro, Menu Simple, awlWatch Pro and the like. Integrating AdMob Code and Buzztouch The basic Java code for AdMob ads took me about three months to write and make perfect. I started that mid 2014, just when Google switched from an older version of AdMob to a new version. About 95% of articles on sites were about the old version, so it really took me weeks and months in the end to get it right. To complicate things further, the relatively new version of Buzztouch, which is still of interest today, 3.0, works with fragments only. If you must have an activity in your app, you can, but the spirit of BT 3.0 is – fragments. Ok, but it meant additional agony for coding. For instance, if you have an activity, in most place you will use a variable called this, which is an object-oriented way of saying “all the variable in this class”. With fragments, it must be a context, i.e. a variable of type Context, and that usually is Context context = getActivity().getApplicationContext(); — however, in some cases, it is only the first part, getActivity(). Things like that slowed me down for weeks, until I started getting them right the first time. Buzztouch Control Panel Concept Applied to AdMob The beauty of Buzztouch is not in the eye of the beholder but is in its control panel. Each Java class has its control panel and the class and the interactive panel together create a plugin. So, if your app is published in Play Store and you want to expel one ad agency and switch to another, how can you do that? For other apps, that means republishing the app, which can be a tricky process in itself. With Buzztouch control panel, you just set a parameter, save its new value, the app automatically refreshes itself and voila! new ads are now appearing. Within AdMob plugins, you have two kinds of ads, banners and interstitial ads. They are completely different, both from the inside, technically, as well as from the outside, how they feel to the user. They are two different ways of programming, however, I put them together into the same plugin and then give the user parameters in the control panel to play with. =========================== The last section in the blog post is called How To Make Money With AdMob Ads In Your App?

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Reg: Jun 07, 2012
Denver
01/04/15 06:02 AM (9 years ago)
Neat, and good job. Any chance we will see this on the main BT site?

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
01/04/15 10:38 AM (9 years ago)
>Any chance we will see this on the main BT site? Honestly, I don't know. The first hurdle is that Buzztouch pays out only through PayPal, and I am not on PayPal. Until that is settled, I cannot sell plugins through the plugin market.

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
01/04/15 10:56 AM (9 years ago)
You could sell it outside of BT. Why not if that's the only hurdle?! Make it a free plugin and create additional options or files outside on your website.. I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
01/04/15 05:07 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks Dusko ... Moving over to your blog for the rest of the story :-) You should sell your plugin on your own site. Just like Danny's BT-Addons. -- Niraj

Jordan
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 15, 2010
Orlando
01/04/15 10:02 PM (9 years ago)
Good stuff.

Saifu
Android Fan
Reg: Apr 07, 2014
MUmbai
01/04/15 11:54 PM (9 years ago)
Just saw the screen captures on your blog .. Awesome work (Y)

RonBo
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
02/03/15 04:54 PM (9 years ago)
Please let us know your price for the Android AdMob plugins! I've very interested in them, and am sure we can find a way to get you your money...western union maybe?

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
02/04/15 01:07 AM (9 years ago)
same here :)

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
02/04/15 07:57 AM (9 years ago)
To RonBo and mysps, I have sent you private message with details for sending money through Western Union. You get 16 Android plugins for $197. The plugins are: ================ HTML Pro AdMob HTML Pro Menu With Image AdMob Menu Simple AdMob CM awlPro AdMob Custom URL AdMob HTML Doc AdMob Menu Buttons AdMob Customer Loyalty Share To Twitter Share To Facebook Share Menu Advanced Search Flexible MP3 Download and Play Interactive Customization of Menu Colors Splash Screen Flexible In the next few days, I shall be publishing detailed descriptions, technical guidance and supporting videos for all of these plugins on my site. 80% of these plugins are finished and working in apps, however, I need a few more days to produce documentation, so you would be getting the plugins as soon as they would be finished for shipping, in a matter of days.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
02/04/15 10:06 AM (9 years ago)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.