Discussion Forums  >  Xcode, Errors, Installing, Configuring

Replies: 3    Views: 5487

stevek
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
great neck
01/04/15 09:08 PM (9 years ago)

A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.

Updated an app to the app store a month ago and all went well. Could test it on my iphone and ipad. Now made a few changes and went to test it on devices. Get the message "A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found." on each device. The provisioning profile has not changed and it's listed as active on the Apple development site. Don't see a way to see if it's actually on my devices since there does not seem to be an entry for it in ios 8 has there was before. Can anyone tell me how to check the devices or at least how to directly install this profile on the devices. What i've read on the internet seems to imply that ios8 should automatically do this but obviously it hasn't. Thanks. Steve

stevek
Aspiring developer
great neck
01/04/15 09:44 PM (9 years ago)
OK, last ditch effort I went and created a new profile and downloaded it and told Xcode to use it and it works. Don't know why I had to do this, but it's fixed.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/04/15 10:30 PM (9 years ago)
You know, I'm still not 100% on Apples provisioning schema. I've created 'wildcard' profiles for testing apps, and sometimes I *still* need to create a new one, with no complete explanation why... Sometimes, you just got a take a bite of the Apple and let it go. But some of the things I *do* know are: make sure the profile name matches the one at Apple make sure you added the correct testing device to the profile (that's a biggie) Otherwise, your guess is as good as mine. :) Cheers! -- Smug

stevek
Aspiring developer
great neck
01/05/15 05:54 PM (9 years ago)
OK, last ditch effort I went and created a new profile and downloaded it and told Xcode to use it and it works. Don't know why I had to do this, but it's fixed.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.