Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 215

dcastill
Lost but trying
Reg: Jul 13, 2013
Iquique
12/31/14 08:01 AM (9 years ago)

can someone extract javascript stored in .ipa file?

I am starting with bt, i have a little knowledge of javascript and html. I want to create an app using javascript and put it on an app using the custom html, if someone (in theory) opens the ipa file could extract all my code? thanks.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
12/31/14 09:39 AM (9 years ago)
Hello @dcastill, Welcome to Buzztouch! I only spent a couple seconds looking at this site, but I think the answer is yes to your question, because HTML and Javascript aren't compiled in iOS applications, like images and icons aren't either. Only the Objective-C code is compiled (as far as I know, and I could be wrong). https://www.pragmaticcode.com/crunch/ I'd caution you on building an iOS app that is largely based on HTML/Javascript. Apple feels that if an app is basically a website, then it doesn't need to be an app. They like developers to use native features of iOS. There are plenty of plugins that can be used to help develop your apps. Don't hesitate to shout out if you need more help! Mark

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
12/31/14 11:35 PM (9 years ago)
Great advice, Mark! It's highly unlikely Apple will approve it. It will be easy to make it so much better by using Buzztouch plugins for menus, and your HTML screens for content.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
01/03/15 03:00 AM (9 years ago)
Yes, it is easy to extract many types of files from an IPA file.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.