Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 92

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
12/29/14 09:07 AM (9 years ago)

AngryNinja - Collector Plugin

I have a question in relation to the 'Collector' plugin. Can i set the items for all users via the control panel and take the ability away from the customer to add and remove items? Thanks Steve

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
12/29/14 07:36 PM (9 years ago)
Hey there Steve, I asked your questions in this post a while ago. Sadly, the answer is "no". https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=CEC4273E61C6F9E768B7DFC Yet there is hope, AN says you can customize the plugin to suit your needs! -- Niraj

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
12/30/14 05:46 PM (9 years ago)
Hey Steve, Sorry for the delay, with the holidays and all. Niraj is correct, the collector plugin was designed to have users enter their own items, where the instant database plugin was designed to have only admin items added and displayed. After releasing the Instant Database plugin, I had many people request a plugin that the user could modify. Both plugins serve their own purpose, depending on what you are looking to do, and how much control you want to give the user. To simplify things: Collector Plugin - For users to add/modify/delete their own entries and keep a local copy of their data on their device. (Think like a local notes app, or a local schedule app on your device, where users would want to add their own data) Instant Database Plugin - Data resides on your web hosting, and users can only view the data, not modify or delete it. (Think like displaying data from thousands of records, like a restaurant locator, where you wouldn't want users to modify any of the data)

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
12/30/14 08:25 PM (9 years ago)
Sounds really interesting... Ninja- Are you planning to make any updates as required for iPhone 6 and 6+? Thanks

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
12/31/14 02:29 PM (9 years ago)
Hey NCBuzz, Which updates are you referring to? No @3x images are needed, as I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus and there isn't any noticeable distortion or stretching. As far as 64 bit, that would just be selecting standard architecture in the project settings.

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
12/31/14 03:26 PM (9 years ago)
Ok- sounds good to go. I will grab the plugin next year! (Friday;) Happy New Year!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.