Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 131

LeonG
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
Hamburg
12/15/14 05:14 PM (9 years ago)

100 Dollars for getting Add to Favorites to work!

Hey guys, as nobody knows where Kittsy is and some other Ninjas here are busy as well, I would like to ask you to help me with my problem. I am using WB-Addons together with Smugs Offline Map Kit and Location menu. I would like to use the Add to Favorites plugin but it does not seem to grab the right Item-ID. More information in this thread: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=BC05AC62B388444A3E39A8E Whoever gets it to work for me first gets 100 Dollars from me! Paid online or wired to your account. Hope somebody wins :-)

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
12/16/14 01:32 PM (9 years ago)
Perhaps Kittsy Is busy with exams, it's that time of the year.

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
12/18/14 03:09 AM (9 years ago)
Has anyone responded to your challenge? The reason why the plugin can't save the screen on with the smugs remote location is because it doesn't exist in the config. To save data and add a slight bit of security it relies on the screen existing. The client who wanted it originally needed to know that if he removed a screen from the control panel that it wouldn't be accessible in teh favorites anymore also. Does that make sense. I can mod this to save the whole screen data for each screen but be mindful the favorites version off this screen will not be updated so if you change the content image rating it won't reflect. It will take a snap shot of the screen/location at this time. As opposed to now where it just pulls the item id and shows the screen reflected in the config.

LeonG
Apple Fan
Hamburg
12/18/14 03:18 AM (9 years ago)
Hey Kittsy, glad you are back! Nobody responded no, so the challenge is all yours ;-) I understand what you are saying but maybe there is a way around? Basically every screen has an url so if the plugin could save the URL instead of the item-Id it should work as well or not? This way the favourite would always show the newest data as well.

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
12/18/14 03:23 AM (9 years ago)
There is always a way around lol. I take it they can only ever favorite these locations it's not going to be a mish mash of different screen types in there.

LeonG
Apple Fan
Hamburg
12/18/14 03:37 AM (9 years ago)
Correct, only the locations :-)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.