cl8
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 12, 2012
Windsor Ontario
12/08/14 07:32 PM (9 years ago)

Newbie question about IOS Apps

I have created numerous android apps with buzztouch and sideload them on to android smartphones. My question is... Can you compile and IOS app with XCODE and test it on an Iphone without uploading to Itunes.

Tony @ Buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 05, 2011
Saint Louis, Mi...
12/08/14 07:38 PM (9 years ago)
Hey CI8, You bet you can do it all the time! Good luck, Tony Buzztouch

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
12/08/14 08:58 PM (9 years ago)
Provided you have an Apple Developer account, you can absolutely do that. In fact, I don't use iTunes for much of anything. If you don't have a developer account, you're restricted to using the simulators, which fortunately aren't as troublesome as Android simulators... But if you have the Dev Account, as Tony says; you bet! :) Cheers! -- Smug

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
12/08/14 09:42 PM (9 years ago)
The Apple Developer account is free. Anyone can obtain such an account. http://developer.apple.com When you are ready to put your app onto an iPhone or iPad or iPod touch, then you must pay $99 USD to Apple. That will allow you to do these things: 1. Put apps onto your own devices for testing (side loading with iTunes or Xcode) 2. Send apps to your Testers for feedback 3. Publish apps to the iTunes App Store for anyone to get and use Let us know what apps you have already made and what new delights you create in the future! -- Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.