stevek
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
great neck
12/08/14 07:22 AM (9 years ago)

Time Machine Restore

I've made some changes to Xcode setting for a particular app, late at night and am not sure I didn't change something I shouldn't have. Would like to start all over. Where on a Mac are the files that keep the settings for a particular app, call it Example, in Xcode so I can restore them with Time Machine from a few days ago before I made these changes? Thanks. Steve

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
12/08/14 09:05 PM (9 years ago)
Hmm. The project and code are kept wherever you keep it. All settings are held within that directory structure. Any 'temp' files and such are held in '~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/AppName-gobbitygook' but you really don't have to 'go in there'; just reset your simulator 'content and settings' from the iOS Simulator menu, and in Xcode do a 'clean' on your project. It 'seems' with the new xcode (or maybe it was always this way?) you have to clean for each type of device... meaning, if you 'clean' the iPhone 6 simulator, the iPhone 4 simulator may still have cached data... You have to reset 'each' one. Hope this helps. Cheers! -- Smug

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
12/08/14 10:07 PM (9 years ago)
Unfortunately, doing a Clean on an Xcode project will not reset the particular Xcode setting that you had modified. Perhaps a Time Machine rollback is your best shot. What setting did you change? In a Storyboard, in a XIB, etc. For now, to show as an example lets assume its a XIB that you had wrongly modified. Then right-click on that XIB in the Xcode Project column. Select View in Finder. Then you can ask Time Machine to rollback that particular file. -- Niraj

stevek
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
great neck
12/11/14 02:51 PM (9 years ago)
Changes made were to build active architecture and valid architectures. As it turns out I didn't have to retrieve from Time Machine since I was able to fix my original problem but It's nice to get these ideas in case I have to in the future. Thanks. Steve

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.