mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
12/01/14 04:36 PM (9 years ago)

Anyone want to test my android app for bugs?

I definitely give preference to the iOS version of this app but am trying to get the android version up to par. I'm making the apk available for friends/followers to beta test since I don't have any android devices myself and the emulators are just awful. If anyone doesn't mind downloading it I would REALLY appreciate feedback, esp on if/when it crashes and other bugs you stumble upon. http://wp.me/P4MxrE-RB Thanks!! Josh

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
12/01/14 07:35 PM (9 years ago)
I'll give it a download tonight and let you know what I find! Mark

Hmmm
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 17, 2013
location unknow...
12/01/14 11:05 PM (9 years ago)
I went through it. Lots of information. Who's the target audience? Quick reference for doctors, nurses, med students, preppers? The drill down quickly navigates to the specific detail pages (pictures?). The menus references are not in alpha order. Will that be a problem for someone who needs to find something specific? Not knowing how often this information updates, might be more efficient/flexible to pull from a database, and update from there as needed. Good overall; I pushed around hard and couldn't make it choke.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
12/02/14 12:31 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Josh, Nice app! As a former Wilderness EMT, I found much of the information to be very valuable. I agree with @Hmmm that alphabetizing the sub-menus would be helpful, and would appear to be more organized. It's easy to do in the control panel. I tried to use the Search function, but the app basically freezes, never shows a search box or anything, but then becomes usable. I also tried to do the contact us menu item, but it says the plugin was not compiled. My testing was done in a Nexus 7. I was not able to get the app to crash. Great work on the app! I really like it! Mark

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
12/02/14 12:36 AM (9 years ago)
The app was developed primarily for emergency medicine doctors but has become popular with EMTs, nurses, PAs, NPs and med students as well. I thought most of the sub-menus were in alphabetical order, I'll look into it. Same with the "contact us" menu. The search function definitely seems to be the cause of several of the crashes on Google Play from what I can tell. It just takes that plugin so long to run through all the different screens. I'm tempted to remove it altogether but on the other hand it seems to work well on some phones. Thanks for your help!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.