Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 17    Views: 96

AppGuy30
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 29, 2011
location unknow...
11/25/14 04:27 PM (9 years ago)

!Request for Plugins!

I know there are a good amount of plugins on the buzztouch market, but we need more! I know countless developers that are looking to add value to their apps but can't because there are not enough plugins to add enough value. So I'm requesting on behalf of all of the developers that more plugins are made and sold on the market. We have our wallets open and all you need to do is make a plugin. Lets make it happen. -AppGuy30

bigPaul
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 08, 2013
Darwin
11/25/14 06:36 PM (9 years ago)
@AppGuy30, Maybe be a bit more specific and create a list of some of the things you want! There are some great developers here on Buzztouch but I dont know that any of them have learnt to read minds! If you submit a wishlist you may find someone is already working on something you want or will get in touch with you to discuss your requests.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
11/25/14 07:57 PM (9 years ago)
Paul -- nice to hear from you again! :-) AppGuy30 -- being from 2011 era BT, you are a pioneer in these woods! Please do let us know what is tickling your desires. You can show - screenshots of existing apps - a camera shot of a hand-drawn user interface - a video clip of a real example - or just say it in words -- Niraj

chadh0130
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 05, 2011
Rhode Island
11/25/14 08:24 PM (9 years ago)
Good ole 2011 era :)

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
11/25/14 08:42 PM (9 years ago)
Much respect to the 2011 pioneers! I see a transition from rocking out on the drums to now holding a baby! :-) -- Niraj

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
11/26/14 12:13 AM (9 years ago)
How about crowd sourcing? -- Several people agree on a plugin to be made, -- I or some other developer agree to create it, -- the "crowd" pays in advance to the developer so that -- Buzztouch as a business gets a cut too, and voila! Within a couple of weeks we have a new plugin that people want, with the developer paid and everybody happy!? Otherwise, there is no match between what I create as a plugin, between what somebody wants as a plugin and, as a consequence, there are not that many plugins in the market... Obviously, this idea would have to be endorsed and actively supported by Buzztouch as a business, by plugin market software and so on.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
11/26/14 07:44 AM (9 years ago)
A plugin that i know would add value across quite few sections of customers, is a loyalty plugin, ie scan for discount or stamp loyalty card, i would certainly put in the kitty for that. cheers sean

Fingers Crossed
Veteran developer
Reg: Jan 16, 2012
Simcoe, ON
11/26/14 08:15 PM (9 years ago)
I for one would die for a proper SQL database plugin. I know there is php code needed for login etc, but the framework being there to drop in to your self hosting would be SO useful in more ways than I could imagine. I did purchase the database plugin, but that doesn't do writing :( but it shows that I'm willing :)

bigPaul
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 08, 2013
Darwin
11/26/14 08:28 PM (9 years ago)
Hi Niraj, as a tour operator in northern Australia our peak season is May to October so I have mainly only had enough time lately to do a daily browse on the forum. Over the next few months I hope to finish off some tourism based apps now I have a bit more time! Will be looking for some experts to help with that! Dusky, great idea, something I had been thinking about too!

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
11/26/14 08:44 PM (9 years ago)
For database situations, I suggest to use the Parse SDK. Many people have integrated Parse into buzztouch apps. Most of those have been for Push Notifications. The database aspects will indeed require coding. Hmmm ... Perhaps there is a plugin that could be created to connect to the database side of Parse. Got me thinking ... Have to figure out how to connect BuzzTouch and Parse such that y'all won't have to do any coding. Perhaps Dusko or Chris1 has traveled this Parse-BuzzTouch road before. -- Niraj

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
11/27/14 01:00 AM (9 years ago)
>Perhaps Dusko or Chris1 has traveled this Parse-BuzzTouch road before. I haven't, but I can have a look at it. I write my own PHP databases but why not use Parse, it seems so useful and well established. Niraj, what exactly do you need to connect Parse and Buzztouch? @Fingers Crossed > I for one would die for a proper SQL database plugin. Please explain further what would that plugin do? There is one database plugin already for the iOS, isn't there? Maybe the original developer can mend it according to your requirements, or maybe I could do it, who knows? @funkymonkey >is a loyalty plugin, I'm afraid I'm in a country where discount cards do not function at all, so I'd need more guidance as to what that plugin would do. It might be a good idea to start separate threads with more complete description of the potential plugins, if you'd care to do that. Maybe more plugin developers might tune in then; if you'd want to discuss potential plugins with me, send a PM here through forums, or contact me here: http://duskosavic.com/blog/contact-dusko-savic/

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
11/27/14 02:35 AM (9 years ago)
The loyalty card needs to be scan qr, then it would take you to next screen , which would consist of maybe 5 screens ie 1 star or whatever being added per screen. (screens designed by the plugin buyer)the phone would need to remember which screen is next, ie 1 star, 2 stars, if you could use the same qr code great, but different qrs for diff screens is fine. if you want mock up screens , let me know and i will throw something together. cheers sean

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
11/27/14 02:52 AM (9 years ago)
>if you want mock up screens , let me know and i will throw something together. Yes please!

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
11/27/14 05:48 AM (9 years ago)
heres couple of examples, and they can be password or scan qr for next page https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1d9emh2jnvrlbqg/AAAdcAPWFAKIcCZ7qkAYQinna?dl=0

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
11/27/14 10:24 AM (9 years ago)
Ok, thank you very much. So the customer comes five times into the restaurant, scans the card each time, and in the end gets rewarded. This begs the question, how will the restaurant know about it, i.e. where does the app sends the number of scans? Seems there should be some kind of server solution for the restaurant -- who supplies that? Who in the restaurant takes care of the scanned cards? So, one thing would be to create an app to scan and send, the other would be to create the server software to count the scans, supervised by the personnel of the restaurant. How is the customer recognized by the restaurant? Would a customer need to login somehow in order to send the scan? Meaning, they would have to become a member of some kind, right? Am I missing something here? Please chime in with your suggestions and ideas. If needed, open a new thread.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
11/27/14 11:16 AM (9 years ago)
I agree with Dusko, make a "need a loyalty plugin" post. Copy-paste what you already typed. I have an easy idea using a variant of the QR plugin. I will respond when you create that post. -- Niraj

Fingers Crossed
Veteran developer
Reg: Jan 16, 2012
Simcoe, ON
11/27/14 06:13 PM (9 years ago)
@Fingers Crossed > I for one would die for a proper SQL database plugin. >Please explain further what would that plugin do? There is one database plugin already for the iOS, >isn't there? Maybe the original developer can mend it according to your requirements, or maybe I >could do it, who knows? @Dusko The database plugin only allows for the reading of a CSV file, it doesn't write back out. The author was unable to get it to work as I had hoped. I guess to achieve Nirvana it would be a similar approach to Chris's forms, but having fields be read/written to a database on submission. As an example say a comic book collector app. Here are my comics, and write them to a database. Then allow others to view the comics in the database. I guess I should put some more thought into it to see how it could be incorporated as a plugin, and repost it then. I've always hoped somebody would/could post a thread that demonstrated a simple database (Eg: a book database. (Title, Author, Description) that included ID/password authentication, then read/write. I've reviewed the Location database post from yesteryear, and have been able to hack together a read from a database, but getting it all together to a field on the screen is a bit beyond me. Once I've got something to use I can easily adapt/clone it. Anyhow, enough rambling, I'll try to quantify it as a plugin and see where things go from there. Thank you for listening though

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
11/28/14 12:02 AM (9 years ago)
>I'll try to quantify it as a plugin and see where things go from there. Great, as we programmers cannot work upon visions, hunches and good wishes, only on concrete, written projects and blueprints. >but having fields be read/written to a database on submission. Do you want the database be on the machine, i.e. some kind of an SQL database saving data on the device, or do you want the data to reside on the remote server? Or both at the same, communicating? >Here are my comics, and write them to a database. Then allow others to view the comics in the database. Not that difficult to create as a standalone app, but I guess you would want the Buzztouch user to be able to create the database in the plugin control panel, right? That rises all sorts of questions. What would happen if someone deleted a row that defines a database in the screen panel? Or if a new row were added in the plugin panel, does that means that all the users all of a sudden would have to fill in a new entry field, even if they did not want to? See how this quickly opens a can of worms? @Fingers Crossed Maybe you should just state what kind of solution would be appropriate for the next app that you have in mind and maybe we can work from there, generalize it a bit and make more useful for other Buzztouch members!? Please feel free to open a new thread if you want more developers to be able to see it, or contact me directly at <a href="http://duskosavic.com/blog/contact-dusko-savic/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://duskosavic.com/blog/contact-dusko-savic/</a>

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.