beto
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 05, 2014
Quito
11/24/14 10:38 PM (9 years ago)

Project Errors Before Running my App

Hello BuzzForum, I´m trying to run for the first time an app in Eclipse which is already setup, but the system reports 4 errors: 1. Description Resource Path Location Type error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/Theme.Holo'. themes.xml /musikana/res/values line 5 Android AAPT Problem 2. Description Resource Path Location Type The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for android.app.Fragment. Fix the build path then try building this project musikana Unknown Java Problem 3. Description Resource Path Location Type The type android.app.Fragment cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files BT_screen_map.java /musikana/src/com/musikana line 1 Java Problem 4. Description Resource Path Location Type Unparsed aapt error(s)! Check the console for output. musikana line 1 Android ADT Problem My environment is: 1. buzztouch Version : v2.0 2. Android & iOS versions 3. Eclipse 4.2.1 /Google APIs [Android 2.2] 4. Google-play-services_lib / Android 3.0 I will appreciate any kind of help so I can continue building my app Thanks a lot!!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/24/14 11:57 PM (9 years ago)
I'd go take a look at one of GoNorthWest's videos, and make sure your environment is setup. It can be a little tricky, and Mark makes it easy once you've seen him do it. https://www.youtube.com/user/GoNorthWest Cheers! -- Smug

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
11/25/14 04:49 AM (9 years ago)
1. buzztouch Version : v2.0 2. Android & iOS versions 3. Eclipse 4.2.1 /Google APIs [Android 2.2] 4. Google-play-services_lib / Android 3.0 This does not add up. You cannot use BT v2.0 for Android 2.2 and Google-play-services_lib / Android 3.0 at the same time. Fragments appeared only with the version 3.0 of Android (build 14) so if you want to use them, download app source with version 3.0 of Buzztouch.

beto
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 05, 2014
Quito
11/25/14 03:30 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks Guys. Your answers worked perfectly. I check the videos and also change the environment configuration to: Google APIs (Android 4.0) & Google-play-services_lib (Android 3.0); the errors disappear right away. Thank you again for your support!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.