FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
11/26/14 02:45 AM (9 years ago)

error in app running

Hi guys, got problem with my android version of one of my apps, its not showing any errors when compliling, but when i download from play, the app wont start and shows the below error, anybody know what im doing wrong cheers sean java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate application com.saffronindian.saffron_appDelegate: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.saffronindian.saffron_appDelegate" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.saffronindian-1.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app-lib/com.saffronindian-1, /vendor/lib, /system/lib]] at android.app.LoadedApk.makeApplication(LoadedApk.java:504) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:4605) at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1300(ActivityThread.java:162) at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1424) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:107) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:194) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5371) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:525) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:833) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:600) at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.saffronindian.saffron_appDelegate" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.saffronindian-1.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app-lib/com.saffronindian-1, /vendor/lib, /system/lib]] at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(BaseDexClassLoader.java:53) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:501) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:461) at android.app.Instrumentation.newApplication(Instrumentation.java:971) at android.app.LoadedApk.makeApplication(LoadedApk.java:499) ... 11 more

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
11/26/14 03:50 AM (9 years ago)

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
11/26/14 07:22 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Sean, I assume you have the original APK that you submitted to Play? Try deleting the app on your device, install using that same APK, and try running it. If that works OK, maybe the download is corrupted? Mark

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
11/26/14 07:31 AM (9 years ago)
ive tried deleting and reinstalling, also re uploaded new binary to play, still happening. cheers sean

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
11/26/14 08:39 AM (9 years ago)
So, the original apk you have fails as well? Did you test it on a real device before sending it to Play the first time? What's the URL for the store entry? I'll try installing it on my device. Mark

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
11/26/14 08:42 AM (9 years ago)
Yes i think it might be something to do with the name of the apk somewhere, strange thing happens in eclipse, when i export the apk, no errors, soon as its exported, loads of errors appear, but clear when i clean, , here the link, thanks for testing it dude, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saffronindian

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
11/26/14 08:52 AM (9 years ago)
Yeah, it doesn't work for me either. I notice that it's looking for something called this: com.saffronindian-1.apk That seems strange. I would expect the apk to be saffronindian.apk. Here's what I might try: * Delete all the apk's you have on your system for this. * Create a new one * Delete the apk that's in the store * Make sure your package name in eclipse, which should be com.saffronindian, matches what's in the Play store * Upload the new apk and see what happens Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.