beto
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 05, 2014
Quito
11/29/14 01:04 PM (9 years ago)

Splash Screen Android Issue

Hello Everybody! I have an issue with the Splash Screen. As the app start loading it appears a black screen few seconds, then the splash screen image appears twice: first as a blink image and then immediately it falls down and stays (Begin Transition Seconds: -1); then, when you click the image, it goes to a black screen 3 to 4 seconds more. After that the main screen appears (Menu Image Advance Plugin Screen). My environment is: 1. buzztouch Version : v2.0 2. Android version 4.0 3. Eclipse Juno 4.2.1 4. Animation Settings: Begin Transition Seconds: -1, Transition Duration: 3, Type: fade splash screen away, No Screen Background Color, Screen Background Image: png file in both small and large image. I search the forums, specifically looking for this kind of issues in android-eclipse configuration, without luck. I will appreciate any kind of help in this particular, so I can continue building my Android app. Thanks a lot!!

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
11/29/14 06:07 PM (9 years ago)
Hello @beto, My experience is that splash screens on Android are very unreliable. Some people have success, many don't. I haven't been able to come up with a solution that works all the time. My recommendation, for Android, is to not include one. Just my two cents! Mark

krompa
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 14, 2013
Bristol
11/29/14 06:34 PM (9 years ago)
Hi Beto I have a working Splash Screen. Here are my settings: Begin Transition Seconds = 4 Transition Duration = 2 .png dimensions are as follows: small splash = 320 x 500 px (24kb) large splash = 480 x 750 px (41kb) both .pngs are stored in the control panel files/images folder and I have used the 'Image URL' option in the 'Screen Background Image' section of the Splash Screen control panel page. I hope this helps.

beto
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 05, 2014
Quito
11/30/14 12:03 AM (9 years ago)
Thank you Guys for your answers, but the problems persist. I will continue building the app without splash screen. Lot of wasted time trying to set up it! In my iOS version of the same App, I setup a dynamic combination of launch image, loading screen and the splash screen with success, definitely iOS is more versatile than Android.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
11/30/14 12:20 AM (9 years ago)
> 1. buzztouch Version : v2.0 2. Android version 4.0 You should use buzztouch version 3, it will work only with Android build 14 and up.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.