Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 81

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/23/14 07:54 AM (9 years ago)

Arduino/PIC Microprocessor Control via Bluetooth...?

Has anyone done any work with Arduino or PIC microprocessor control via bluetooth using iOS or Android? I have a feeling I'll be meddling with that sooner or later, and would like to hear of others experiences if possible. Cheers! -- Smug

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Reg: Jun 07, 2012
Denver
11/23/14 08:45 AM (9 years ago)
That German dude Auto is my best friend.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
11/23/14 07:26 PM (9 years ago)
What cool things will you be cooking in your lab with that gear? -- Niraj

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/24/14 04:53 AM (9 years ago)
I found an Arduino based metal detector I thought was rather cool, and wondered if I couldn't link it to a SmartPhone rather than the usual LCD display and manual adjustments. Since most of the communication is serial anyway, I thought it'd be neat to encapsulate all the electronics in the coilhead, and just have it 'talk' to the phone for reports, response and control. I've made the investment from 'land' based Metal Detector to 'submersible' and I've already found a few gold rings that tourists have lost while swimming in the ocean, whereas on shore mostly you just find pop-tops and coins. I got sticker shock from some of the underwater models available, and as usual, the 'better mousetrap' train of thought came kicking through. Make it cheaper, make it better, make it easier. I'm currently building a couple of different prototypes, and am finding the biggest setback is making an underwater unit waterproof, but accessible. Battery Access, Volume, Sensitivity and Discrimination controls, as well as the basic chassis, has to be thought out and far more expensive prices are paid to ensure the integrity of the inside. Since an otterbox for the iPhone/Android are rather cheap, I could cut a LOT of pricing if I could move the controls away from 'a box' and put it into the phone, allowing the microprocessor to do all the electronic adjustments. Anyway, it could all stay a dream. But I thought it worth looking into... Cheers! -- Smug

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
11/24/14 10:40 AM (9 years ago)
Nice objective -- love the in-the-box thinking you got going on there! Just happened to run across this article during my daily morning Zite reading. http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/841766/Stage-Live-Weather-Station-With-Arduino-and-ThingS -- Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.