Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 65

2nd2none
I hate code!
Reg: Sep 29, 2014
Kinston
11/17/14 11:03 PM (9 years ago)

Sale of products

Are their any plugins that allow you to sell products on your app?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
11/18/14 01:06 AM (9 years ago)
This one allows you to sell additional content in your app...like maybe PDF files, media, images, etc: https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=841D36B431BD5299A9FA63C If you're looking to sell actual products...like something that would get shipped to you (car parts, books, etc), you probably need to set up some sort of store front and do it that way. Not sure how Apple or Google would like that, though, because they can't get a cut of the profits. It would be good to research other apps to see if they're any examples to follow. Mark

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 22, 2012
Perth, Australi...
11/18/14 10:23 PM (9 years ago)
Hi Yes of course there are apps with "carts" in them, Apple etc only take 30% if what the purchase does is provide more content in the app, not for sale of services or products. We have been playing with the option of making a plugin for our use that would enable to the app owner to create and manage their own shop front, including things like apple pay, stripe, paypal etc. The next step to include would be ibeacons etc etc. Obviously there are a lot of options, we haven't had the time or the client that is willing to pay for this time yet to give it more attention, but keeping a close eye on the market trends in this area. Bottom line is we are trying to sell apps to businesses that have no idea that they actually need an app. I am using the approach that apps hit "The Sweetspot" , they can bring more revenue to the business and they can also help businesses be more productive in their day to day operations, If you can show that you are able to do those two things for your client, then you should have no problem landing a job. With them, if you haven't got that kind of solution, then I wouldn't bother trying to sell it. I digress, anyway so yes you can have a m-commerce solution. Cheers Kristen

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.