Gledy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 25, 2013
Fleet, UK
11/12/14 12:45 PM (9 years ago)

Two Xcode Errors (BTM Search & viewController)

Hi, Im just in the process of updating my app and have downloaded the project as usual, when i go to compile my app in Xcode i get these two errors: /BT_Layout/BT_viewController.m:668:34: Sending 'BT_viewController *const __strong' to parameter of incompatible type 'id<NSFileManagerDelegate>' /BT_Plugins/BTM_search/BTM_search.m:47:1: Autosynthesized property 'searchOptions' will use synthesized instance variable '_searchOptions', not existing instance variable 'searchOptions' Anyone got any ideas?

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
11/14/14 03:49 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Gledy, First one is easy, not your fault. I just updated the download server so this won't happen again. Guessing you're on Xcode 6.1, the latest, whis is good. Find BT_viewController.h in the project. Add the NSFileManagerDelegate entry in the .h file. This tells the compiler what it needs to know so it doesn't show the warning anymore. You'll see the other delegate entries at the top of the .h file. Just add it after one of them...like this... <UIAlertViewDelegate, ADBannerViewDelegate, MFMailComposeViewControllerDelegate, NSFileManagerDelegate, MFMessageComposeViewControllerDelegate> Notice the addition of "NSFileManagerDelegate" with a comma after it (becuase it's not the last one in the list between the < > characters. As far as the BTM search plugin. No idea, haven't looked into any of the iOS8 issues on zillions of plugins. Generally the plugin devs do a pretty good job of updating these on their own :-) David

Gledy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 25, 2013
Fleet, UK
11/14/14 03:59 AM (9 years ago)
Hi David, Thank you very much, i'll sort that out now! No worries about the Search warning problem, I've also asked MrDavid direct but haven't heard anything yet! Gledy

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.