lady_di
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 06, 2013
Geelong, VIC
08/09/15 01:41 PM (8 years ago)

No output data showing and blank simulator

Hello, I am having issues running my app in Xcode with the simulator appearing blank and nothing showing in the output in Xcode. I have a fresh install of Xcode 6.3.2, system is Yosemite 10.10.1, simulator version 8.3 and deployment set to 8.3.I have a fresh download of the app from buzz touch, set up as a master app in Xcode and all plugins have been added to Xcode. I removed the splash screen and set to default in themes thinking this may have been the problem. It is tab app and all home screens are set as a menu with image or simple menu. Still no improvement. The simulator shows a white screen with the app title while loading, this screen is something I have never seen before. Once loaded the simulator only displays a blank screen with "Master" and an edit button in the top menu. I also notice there is no output data showing when the simulator is running. Simply cannot work out what the problem is????

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
08/09/15 11:34 PM (8 years ago)
Hi Lady Di, Can you paste information from the debug console so we can see what's happening? That would help a lot. And, a screen shot to show what you see would be helpful as well. If you're using just menu with images or simple menus on each tab screen, there really shouldn't be a problem like this...those are pretty straightforward screens. The "Master" thing is weird, and suggests some plugin with additional configuration required. But you state you don't have that...so, weird! If you can get us info from the debug console, that would be super helpful! Or, I'd be willing to run your project in my Xcode to see what's up. You can send it to mrkfleming at gmail dot com. Thanks! Mark

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/10/15 12:57 AM (8 years ago)
Also keep in mind that if you *don't* set your 'home' screen via the layout menu option of your app control panel, then it's kind of random 'which' screen will show up as a home screen, but most assuredly it won't be the one you expect. Cheers! -- Smug (although in retrospect this may not be applicable, or applicable yet)

lady_di
Aspiring developer
Geelong, VIC
08/10/15 01:38 AM (8 years ago)
Hi GoNorthWest, Thank you, I think I will email it over to you as I cannot seem to get my screenshots to load into this forum conversation. In Xcode when running in the simulator the debug console is blank and no errors show up in Xcode??? Thanks SmugWimp, yes the home screens has been set in the layout menu.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
12/21/15 09:30 PM (8 years ago)
Hi, Lady Di! I've seen this before. What I would try next is taking the splash screen out of the control panel. (For now. You can add it back later when your app is working.) Then cut and paste your JSON data into the config.txt file. Delete your app from the devices and clean the app for good measure. Then I bet it will work. Something is mixed up in the cache and the app can't get past it.

lady_di
Aspiring developer
Geelong, VIC
12/23/15 02:48 PM (8 years ago)
Thank Susan. I have deleted all splash screens and changed the theme setting. Unfortunately no improvement.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
12/23/15 05:27 PM (8 years ago)
But did you cut and paste the JSON into the config.txt file? Also delete the app from the simulator and clean the project.

lady_di
Aspiring developer
Geelong, VIC
12/23/15 07:10 PM (8 years ago)
Hi Susan, I followed all the directions mentioned and not improvement. I have also deleted the project completely out of Xcode and simulators and downloaded a fresh download from buzz touch. I have even re installing Xcode a number of times too with no luck.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
12/23/15 09:02 PM (8 years ago)
Hi Di, Send me an email when you have some time to do a TeamViewer session again and we can try to figure this out! We know it works on my system, so there's just something we're missing! Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.