yourtownapps
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 08, 2012
Collingswood, N...
09/22/15 04:27 PM (8 years ago)

problems with XCode

I tried loading an app I had worked on a while ago with the latest version of XCode. There was one error and 56 cautions. Am I doing something wrong? Has the Buzztouch iOS code been rewritten recently to play nice with Swift2. I like Buzztouch but I have my doubts as to whether the underlying code evolves fast enough to permit up-to-date apps.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
09/22/15 05:45 PM (8 years ago)
With the recent advent of iOS 9, there are some things that David is having to redo a bit... But for the most part, it's good. The only 'BT' related thing I can think of would be the BT_info.plist, which I believe has been addressed. Warnings don't worry me too much, but you don't specify which error you're getting, so there is no telling whether it is BT, a plugin, or otherwise. I found that some of the settings will need to be different in a couple of my plugins due to updates in Xcode, not necessarily iOS9... I have no idea about Swift... I don't have any swift code in my projects. Let us know what the error is all about, and we'll try and help. Warnings? usually deprecated methods. those can be addressed later. Cheers! -- Smug

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
09/22/15 10:34 PM (8 years ago)
Expect a post with some update info in the coming days. In a general sense @SmugWimp is correct, all seems to be OK. But, this doens't mean improvements can't be made. Warnings are a giant pain and genrally don't cause problems - but should not exist none-the-less. I've been stamping out warnings in the BT Core for a few days now. As far as plugins go, well, that's another matter. Swift: BT Projects aren't written in Swift, their Objective-C so "playing nice with Swift2" isn't related at all. Of course you can intermingle Swift and Objective-C but no Swift exists in the Core. For now? Watch the top of the forum for an update about the BT Core for iOS 9 and Xcode 7. In the meantime, if your're running into errors you'll need to sleuth them out yourself - with the help of the forum of course.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.