arkietechs
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 01, 2014
Jacksonville
08/03/15 10:43 AM (8 years ago)

Semantic issue:No visible interface, undeclared selector

Hello all I am getting an error that I didn't use to get. I'm running 10.8.5 and xcode 5.1. All test apps were running great then I joined as a member built a new test app and now I get this error: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67096932/xcode-error1.png Is there something that I'm missing or has something been updated or changed? I moved over the plugin folder and the errors occur. I delete cache folders...I'm at a lost and would even be willing to start all over as long as I can understand why I'm getting these errors. Thanks all

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
08/03/15 10:54 AM (8 years ago)
Seems that there is no method called registerUserNotificationSettings See if it is there in the source code, it shouldn't be for some reason, as that is what Xcode is complaining about.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
08/03/15 10:57 AM (8 years ago)
I think the clue may be that you have just created your self hosted. My guess is something, maybe a plugin, is missing. My suggestion is for you go into plugins admin on your self hosted and refresh all your plugins. A lot of people do this twice. I would then start again with a very simple test app, one or two plugins, download it again, rebuild from scratch and double check you can see the plugins are there in xcode. Alan

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
08/03/15 01:04 PM (8 years ago)
Also, just curious as to why you're using Xcode 5.1? Might have better luck with the stable 6.4. Xcode 7 is just about to be released (currently beta 4). Doesn't look like a plugin issue, since Xcode is complaining about a core file. Try the latest version of Xcode, and re download the project... I bet all symptoms will disappear.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
08/04/15 08:02 AM (8 years ago)
He is running Mac OS X 10.8.5 ... Several generations behind Yosemite (10.10) That may explain why Xcode version is also behind. Update your Xcode as far forward as possible. Change the Simulator to target iPhone iOS 7, not iPhone iOS 6. -- Niraj

arkietechs
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 01, 2014
Jacksonville
11/05/15 09:46 AM (8 years ago)
Thanks all and here is an update. I updated the Mac OS to El Capitan (10.11.1) I updated the Xcode to 7.1 (7B91b). I logged in to buzztouch and created a new application using the standard Home Screen Menu added only one screen with a Custom URL and an app logo. I published it as version 3.0 and downloaded the Xcode package. I unpack the zip, click on the project application to run and copy over the BT_Plugins and BT_Images folders. Once the simulator opens for iphone 6, it gives me the white screen stating that "Plugin not Found" and "Missing Plugin: the view controller for this project was not compiled in the Xcode project" What am I missing? The view controller appears to be in the xcode inside the BT_Layout folder. When I first joined Buzztouch, I built apps and had no errors and everything was heading on the up. Now after updated and changes, I don't even see the home button at the bottom of the simulator and I get about 15 errors on all my old projects that was created in version 2.0 or 1.0. Please help. Thanks so much.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.