Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 1    Views: 58

twotonesimone
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 01, 2012
Wadhurst
09/19/12 11:32 AM (11 years ago)

App without location stuff for a tablet.

my tablet wont run any apps with location stuff or phonecall stuff in it asit doesnt have this capability. If i remove the permissions lines in the manifest for these is that enough or should I also remove the layouts? Will it run then?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
09/19/12 08:47 PM (11 years ago)
Hi @twotonesimone, Are you saying that it won't install because those features are indicated in the AndroidManifest.xml file, or the app WILL install, but won't run? If it won't install, then you'd have to remove those lines from the manifest file. That should be enough. If it installs, but simply won't run, that's another issue, and we'd need more data to understand what's going on. In any event, it's cool to remove things from the manifest file that your app doesn't need, like telephony and GPS. You can leave the layouts...no problems there. Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.