Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 6    Views: 74

techdesigner
Apple Fan
Reg: Jun 22, 2012
Cleveland
10/04/12 05:56 AM (11 years ago)

Multiple Maps OK?

We wanted to have a North American map and a Non-North American map. NA map works but when we added points to the Non-NA map we received a "configuration data for this application is invalid" error. Is there an error to one or more of the international addresses or are multiple maps not allowed. The code does verify. Thanks, Greg

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
10/04/12 06:59 AM (11 years ago)
Multiple maps work fine (in my testing, at least). Usually the "config data is invalid" error deals more with a text problem in the map data. Either a special character (quote, comma, etc) in one of the names or something like that.

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
10/04/12 08:27 AM (11 years ago)
It should work fine. I have mutiple map screens in my app, and it works absoulotely fine. I can't see any reason for it not to work.

techdesigner
Apple Fan
Cleveland
10/04/12 10:57 AM (11 years ago)
Thanks, We figured it had to be something with the maps. I did something to correct it but not sure what so I started adding more points and it happened again. Maybe there was too many locations (80+) and I need to try and figure out how to use a remote file (good tutorials?). I now get the "configuration data" error again. I deleted the second map then the first map and now every page but the home and a test page. I downloaded the file again, replaced the old file and restarted everything including phone and computer. Still get the error on the phone and simulator. The little bit of code validates. Not sure what else to do??? Thanks for all your comments!!! Greg

techdesigner
Apple Fan
Cleveland
10/04/12 11:04 AM (11 years ago)
The Buzztouch Forums are a great source of help. Greg

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
10/04/12 11:07 AM (11 years ago)
Not a problem with 80 points. Did you look for the culprits I described above? If you want to copy/paste your JSON for your map points in a PM or email, I'll be happy to look at them. Its all in the JSON! The error you are describing is indicative of such.

techdesigner
Apple Fan
Cleveland
10/06/12 09:27 AM (11 years ago)
Strobe you're exactly right, Thanks! Even though the addresses copied from an xls doc returned the correct longitude/latitude and the JSON verified there was something else brought over from the MS crap. Took it over to a txt doc and it stripped out the bad MS stuff and that fixed it. 100 points worked fine and multiple maps, It was still really broken but the only way to get it to work was download the zip, uncompress and place the files in another working app directory on my computer. There must be some hidden cache on my Mac or in xcode that corrupted the folder or folder name. Once working I could call it the same name again. Not sure exactly how the cache in Buzztouch/Mac/xcode/iPhone work because most times when I make a change in Buzztouch I see the "app data has changed" prompt but sometimes either the iPhone or the simulator shows old data and I have to redownload to get the new data.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.