Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 7    Views: 110

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
09/30/12 03:12 PM (11 years ago)

Using Map as Home Screen--Not Refreshing

I am putting together a buzztouch 2.0 (not self-hosted) project that has the map as the first tab--the home screen on tab 1. On the Android, when you go to the details tab, there is no option to refresh the app. On both the iOS and the Android, the app also doesn't auto refresh like it would if a menu screen was on the home page. It really is a cool app with the map as a home screen, so I would like to keep it this way if I can solve this problem. Thank you!

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
09/30/12 04:48 PM (11 years ago)
Well I achieved to have maps under four different tabs with four different maps. So, presumably, the same could work for the first tab. However, I was using v1.5 of Buzztouch when I made that app. I'm not sure if it makes any difference however. It's called 'Berlitz Oxford' on the Apple App Store, if you want to have a look at it.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Hopkins, Minnes...
09/30/12 05:49 PM (11 years ago)
Very graceful app! I will need to go there on my next trip to England. On the app I am making the first page-first tab is the map, so it may be different.

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Oxford
09/30/12 05:55 PM (11 years ago)
I can't see it being much different if the map is the first or the rest. But you are having problems with it. Is it only Andriod where you are having this problem, or is it both platforms? What you could do is make a quick v1.5 app (with a map screen on the first tab), and see if that works. But remember, you only have a few hours before v1.5 is shut down so you'll need to create a control panel quickly.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Hopkins, Minnes...
09/30/12 06:16 PM (11 years ago)
Very true! It doesn't refresh on either Android or iOS. You can manually refresh on iOS, but not on Android.

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Oxford
09/30/12 06:36 PM (11 years ago)
I've worked it out. On a normal standard page for the first tab (menu, image etc.), it uses a standard Navigation bar. However, in maps, it doesn't use a standard navigation bar and uses a unique version. This means that the refresh button does not work with this special maps navigation bar format. Personally, what I would do is remove the navigation bar (it gets in the way) from that screen (and even the app if you wished), which would remove the refresh button. Then, you could add that auto refresh code for the Xcode data, and also with Eclipse. I do this for my app. I have excluded the navigation bar from all pages, and if it needs a refresh, it gets it's auto-refresh from the code I placed. Hope this helps,

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
09/30/12 08:04 PM (11 years ago)
Any clues in Console or LogCat? When the app launches, you should see some access to the reportToCloudURL, and it should at least say if the data is new or not. Mark

Cyrus_8888
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
Sydney
02/01/13 04:00 AM (11 years ago)
Hey Guys, I've searched the forum, but I just couldn't find the right solution for it. Here is my question. Is it possible to have custom URL screen display as a home screen (without being the first tab menu) with five other tabbed layouts? The custom URL screen has no relation with any of the tabbed menu. I've attempted to use custom URL as a home screen with some animation slides. And five different tabbed layout such as menu buttons, image gallery, map location etc. The problem that I'm having is the system triggered and overrides the custom URL screen with menu buttons screen. http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=4B49BA18C701C454511F26A&currentPage=2 Thanks in advance Cyrus

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.