Discussion Forums  >  Images, Documents, File Locations

Replies: 4    Views: 50

Icion
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 14, 2013
Durban
05/05/13 12:55 PM (11 years ago)

Accessing and modifying file

Hi guys, So I have a question.I need my app to open a file online. For eg, Dropbox or some other cloud storage. BuzzTouch CP would be great as well mind you. Anyway, the app opens a reads from it, alters it and saves it online again. Thinking of using an online username and point system, but don't want to go the php route, I know BT can't do this yet, so any advice where to start. Thanks, Abrie

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
05/05/13 01:58 PM (11 years ago)
I could custom design something like this for you.

Icion
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 14, 2013
Durban
05/05/13 09:09 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks Chris, But currently I would prefer trying to do it myself, struggled the whole of Saturday learning how to implement sqlite and learned a whole deal. 4 hours of issues because I had an extra comma in the query lol. I'm just looking for some guidance where I should be looking toward. storing a file on a website, whether its txt, csv or excel or is it possible to have it stored for free on a server like EC2 or dropbox. If I really can't get further then I might consider your proposal tho. Thanks

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
05/05/13 09:44 PM (11 years ago)
Well if you're just talking about how to store JSON to send to a custom screen/plugin, then you can use buzztouch's control panel. Just load it in the JSON snippet keeper plugin. Or, use a txt file and uoad it to your 'media' section of the control panel, get the link, and use it as a dataURL.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/06/13 08:27 AM (11 years ago)
You are doing read-write to a file within the app, then you want to save it onto a server. The choice of server will be made by which server's SDK is the easiest for you to understand and integrate into your BT app. Along with Dropbox and EC2, also take a look at Google Forms. That will allow your Users to use the Google Drive app to also do read-write of the data from non-iOS devices. -- Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.