Discussion Forums  >  Images, Documents, File Locations

Replies: 17    Views: 112

JayRod
I hate code!
Reg: Apr 03, 2013
Neenah
04/29/13 06:35 PM (11 years ago)

Background Images

Weirdest thing. I have background images and all in the correct locations. The tab screens backgrounds works fine but one. One tab always keeps the previous screens background image and wont stop. Anyone know what is going on? I refreshed the confi. data and check json data and all is good.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/29/13 07:17 PM (11 years ago)
hmm... is it specified as a default in your 'theme' perhaps? Just a thought... Cheers! -- Smug

JayRod
I hate code!
Neenah
04/29/13 08:17 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks for the suggestion, but everything checks out there. So that isn't it either. Driving me nuts...

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/29/13 09:20 PM (11 years ago)
One of my favorite jokes is 'A Pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel attached to his belt...' anyway. Is this a singular image? Is this the only image ever used for that 'position'? If not, you might try cleaning the project, or perhaps deleting from your test device and trying again. What's specified in the BT_config.txt file? If it's not the most 'current' config file then old values are installed by default, and perhaps something isn't updating what it should be; you may want to copy/paste a fresh config file so that the app loads the latest config, rather than waiting on an update from the control panel. Cheers! -- Smug

fusionsch
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 28, 2010
Montreux Switze...
04/30/13 01:14 AM (11 years ago)
Hi guys! As I have the same issue, just one word: for me too, it's only one tab that has this issue. I tried everything: fresh config file, switching tabs, deleting app, cleaning Xcode, etc. But the bug lives on! Cheers Jack

WebNevees
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 28, 2012
KL
04/30/13 02:20 AM (11 years ago)
Hi everyone, So do you mean it shows the background from the screen which comes before it in the app? If so: Can you add a right menu button to another screen and call the "bad" screen from it to see if it also shows this "new" previous screen? If you change the background of the previous screen does the bad screen's background also change? This has never happened to me personally. Or do you mean it shows a background image previously set up for it which you have now changed? You might have either changed it to another file altogether, or changed its image but with the same filename. Personally this has happened to me and sometimes the updated image is not shown. So in case 1 I would first debug in a couple steps as I pointed out. It's most probably a bt_config file issue which has been cached. In case 2, I would first go to xcode, select my project, select the one target, select BUILD PHASES, select COPY BUNDLE RESOURCES, and then look or search through it to find all files with the same name as my bad background image, and remove them. (sometimes files get caught and trapped there by the evil spirits inside xcode and that'll just to freak you to death!). Now go to the simulator and select RESET CONTENT AND SETTINGS... from the iOS SIMULATOR menu. Then run the app to confirm that your "bad" screen should not be showing any background (unless you have one set in your themes). Now go to your files in finder and add the images you need to the project in xcode. Now check to see if you've got it right in your local config file and disconnect from the internet. Rinse and repeat! Actually you can reset your content and settings in the sim to fix lots of issues. Also a CLEAN from the product menu in xcode helps a lot too. the "WebNevees"

WebNevees
Code is Art
KL
04/30/13 02:22 AM (11 years ago)
Oh and I especially checked to see if fusionsch said anything about trying to reset the cache on the sim as I have pointed out, but I didn't see him mentioning it. This technique is very important. Clean out the cache on the sim....

fusionsch
I hate code!
Montreux Switze...
04/30/13 06:15 AM (11 years ago)
Thanks, WebNevees, but it's neither case 1 nor case 2... I rarely use the simulator, I always test on devices, with latest config copied from the BT CMS to Xcode. Whatever I do, even after cleaning and quitting Xcode, restarting the computer and deleting the app on the test device before rebuilding... the bug rears its ugly head again! Cheers Jack

JayRod
I hate code!
Neenah
04/30/13 08:58 AM (11 years ago)
I'm with Jack on this one. Neither is the case and tested on device as well. Really starting to get me mad. Ten bucks to the first one that figures this issue out. Thanks. Thanks for the help guys.

WebNevees
Code is Art
KL
04/30/13 11:01 AM (11 years ago)
Ok guys keep your calm. How about changing your com.*.* to a new value and giving it a roll. this way your app would be considered completely different I think and would be sandboxed from any previously left files. If issue still remains then you'll have to debug using xcode's debugging tools. You'll get to the bottom of it for sure there!

fusionsch
I hate code!
Montreux Switze...
05/01/13 12:29 AM (11 years ago)
Don't worry, I'm keeping my calm! I couldn't try and change the 'com....' value, as the issue appeared in an app I was upgrading... It doesn't seem to be a bug, it's rather something in the way the iPad refreshes the screen when you tap on a tab. Maybe iOS, maybe BuzzTouch code, I don't know... In the output console, it seems BT_fileManager 'forgets' the existence of the background image, even if 10 or 20 seconds it did identify and load it...

WebNevees
Code is Art
KL
05/01/13 12:32 PM (11 years ago)
Is it always with the same screen? if you change the previous screen's image will it change too? Of course it's related to either iOS, the source code, or the device. Can you test it on a simulator or another device to confirm? You've just got to keep asking questions and making controlled experiments to get to the bottom of it. Are you able to use the xcode debugging tools? set some breakpoints in the viewWillLoad and viewDidLoad methods especially. Check out the difference between a good screen and a bad screen. Oh and if you create another screen just like that one but load it from a third screen will the problem occur again? Hope this brainstorming helps...

JayRod
I hate code!
Neenah
05/01/13 01:23 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks for the help. Not a coder so maybe you give me a little bit more of step by step guidelines to test this. I love buzztouch, this is the first issue that has me really stumped. Thanks buddy!

JayRod
I hate code!
Neenah
05/01/13 08:03 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks for the help. Not a coder so maybe you give me a little bit more of step by step guidelines to test this. I love buzztouch, this is the first issue that has me really stumped. Thanks buddy!

WebNevees
Code is Art
KL
05/02/13 12:16 AM (11 years ago)
I think David had a debugging tutorial on the buzztouch University movies in the ios section. Take it from there. I haven't seen the issue myself so unless I see your code it wouldn't be practical for me to do anything now. The debugging tools will let you put some break points wherever you want in your code. Since the background images are usually set whenever you call a screen by clicking its name in some menu or icon, you'll be able to put breakpoints in your code to "pause" your app anytime during "runtime" (the time when it's running). Then you can go from there. Really easy once you start. I'll check to see if I get give you some other pointers from the code. meanwhile you try to answer as many questions from my previous post as possible. It'll help.

fusionsch
I hate code!
Montreux Switze...
05/02/13 02:33 AM (11 years ago)
Thanks for all the help and tips! Unfortunately, I can't test anymore at the moment... The issue occurs on an app I was upgrading. BT 2.0, but pre-Live/Design modes, and using third-party plugins pre-Plugin Market. Quite complicated to do without messing up the live app... As I couldn't wait for a solution, I used a workaround (hiding the tab bar on all screens but the menus) and now my app is waiting for review... Thus I prefer at the moment not to try all the tests you suggest... Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this thread, we have to find a solution!

fusionsch
I hate code!
Montreux Switze...
05/02/13 02:43 AM (11 years ago)
If it may be of any help, here is the Xcode output when testing on the iPad: http://www.fusions.ch/downloads/montreux-2.0-app-bug.rtf (rather long, but interesting lines are in color) Cheers! Jack

JayRod
I hate code!
Neenah
05/02/13 07:26 AM (11 years ago)
Thanks again, I'll check it out and try some of your suggestions. Thanks again.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.