Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 1    Views: 59

Sherry
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 05, 2013
South Africa
11/04/14 03:26 PM (9 years ago)

Add app refresh button to 2nd tabbed menu screen

I am trying to create an app that opens on a user registration form and once the user has registered/logged in they are taken to the Main Menu. I'm using a tabbed layout and I've currently set this up as tab1-Beautiful Login (Chris1 plugin) and tab2-Main Menu (Menu buttons plugin) because this is the only way I can figure out how to get the login screen to appear first when the app opens. I tried setting it as a splash screen but that just did weird things. The app refresh button appears on the top left of the 1st Login page correctly but I also want the same button with actions to appear in the top left of the 2nd Main Menu screen and don't know how to do this. Please can you help me.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/04/14 07:44 PM (9 years ago)
Well, a possibility would be to use NSUserDefaults to hold a boolean value 'didRegister'. On your 'home' screen, you will need to enter code that tests for 'didRegister', and if false sends them off to the registration screen. If true, will continue as normal. Just a thought; I'm sure there are other, possibly better ways to do this... Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.