RobK
Lost but trying
Reg: May 19, 2012
Milton Keynes
11/05/14 02:50 PM (9 years ago)

Installation errors

Hi, A little bit of history. I create an app in May 2012 it worked but the map function never quite worked correctly. I tinkered a bit and knowing my audience thought "what the heck it's a nice to have anyway and sorta works" so offered it to whoever wanted it. For various reasons I abandoned it (none more so that it didn't run on my cheapy phone!" Between then and now had a major computer failure and lost everything. Anyway I invested in a new phone so decided to resurrect the app so made some upgrades and it's looking far better than before but the maps is now a frustration and I want it sorted. So I've been going through the whole eclipse / SDK install stuff. Eventually got a maps API key google.play.services lib etc etc. So! to the nitty gritty I'm using Google API 2.2 which is throwing up a couple of errors if I use API 4.4 (as I've seen on a search for a similar error on here the suggestion that is the version I should be using now for maps)it's a myriad of errors. for 2.2: Errors contained in BT_screen_map: The method getActivity() is undefined for the type BT_screen_map The method getFragmentManager() is undefined for the type BT_screen_map The method getFragmentManager() is undefined for the type BT_screen_map if(childItems.size() > 0){showToast(childItems.size() + " " + getString(R.string.mapLocations), "short"); R cannot be resolved to a variable The method getResources() is undefined for the type BT_screen_map & The method startActivity(Intent) is undefined for the type BT_screen_map The other Errors appear in Themes.xml Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:windowActionBar'. In 4.4.2 errors appear in lots of the BT_xxxxx_java files but mainly seem to be the 'R cannot be resolved to a variable' Hope that all makes sense? So I suppose the first question is which API should I actually be using? Secondly how do I resolve the errors in whichever Api I use. (I haven't touched the map screens I produced two years ago)

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
11/05/14 03:00 PM (9 years ago)
Hello, and welcome back! What BT version is this app? If it's two years old, then I'm thinking it's BT v1.5, which has a different way of doing things than the BT v3 ones do. Let's get that sorted out, and we can go from there. An easy way to tell which version you are using is if you have the Publish button in the control panel for your app. Mark

RobK
Lost but trying
Milton Keynes
11/05/14 03:08 PM (9 years ago)
Hi and Thanks Mark, It's BT Version 2

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
11/05/14 03:20 PM (9 years ago)
So, you have the Google Play Services linked as a library per the instructions? And you've ensured that all your plugins are Android compatible? And you've gotten the Google Maps for Android v2 key? I'd also try a Project > Clean, and see if that helps. Mark

RobK
Lost but trying
Milton Keynes
11/05/14 03:28 PM (9 years ago)
I think I have took me long enough plugins are all android ones and the maps key and plugged it in the manifest.xml Done a Project Clean (had 4.4.2 in the project) and it has resolved everything except I get a new error in the BT_screen_customHTML webView.getSettings().setPluginsEnabled(true); The method setPluginsEnabled(boolean) is undefined for the type WebSettings

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
11/05/14 06:54 PM (9 years ago)
Well, I'm not sure what the problem is! If you want to send over your project package to mrkfleming at gmail dot com, I can run it through my Eclipse and see what happens. Mark

RobK
Lost but trying
Milton Keynes
11/06/14 02:06 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks again Mark, Will send it over when I get home from work. Cheers ROB

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.