Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 58

JimmySaver
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 09, 2012
location unknow...
10/30/14 07:56 AM (9 years ago)

Advanced Search Plugin on Android - Anyone else experienceing issues?

Hi all - Have an instance of Chris1's advanced search plugin in a self hosted, BT3 Android app. It's painfully slow to load, move or perform any kind of functionality (it occasionally freezes the app indefinitely on live devices). Has anyone else experienced these specific issues with the setup outlines above?

rburns50
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 12, 2014
Bilston - Engla...
10/30/14 01:21 PM (9 years ago)
I have it installed on a couple of my Android apps. I found if you have alot or HTML that is URL based that this can cause the sorts of issue you are seeing. I hazard a bet that when you first load up search and try and scroll or type something - the menu effectively seems to keep resetting? This is a result of it seemingly preloading everything that is included for "search". I found excluding (in CP) from search absolutely everything except my HTML helped - but of course that depends on the amount it has to reference.

JimmySaver
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 09, 2012
location unknow...
10/31/14 03:04 AM (9 years ago)
Interesting, cheers for that.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.