Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 63

Nelson
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 06, 2013
Viseu
10/30/14 10:40 AM (9 years ago)

Ultimate Screen Creator duplicate several times with different names

I love this Plugin it is fantastic. I like to be able to create an initial model with the right buttons in the right place and then duplicate that same sreen with a different name, to be faster. Is it possible? Nelson

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
10/30/14 12:02 PM (9 years ago)
Possible, yes - as long as you don't mind looking at some scary looking text for a brief couple of seconds :) Create the "template" screen first. Then, go back to the "screens" page on your control panel. Find the screen you just created using the Ultimate Screen Creator, but don't click on it. Instead, click on that small icon that looks like </> at the bottom right of the icon. It should bring up a pop-up with a bunch of scary looking text in it. The first few lines of text will have properties of "itemId", "itemType", and "itemNickname". Copy everything *below* those three lines. Next, create a new screen using the USC plugin and go back to the 'screens' page. Do the same thing, right-clicking on the </> icon for that new screen. Delete everything *below* those three lines and paste in what you copied from the other screen. You should now have a duplicate.

Nelson
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 06, 2013
Viseu
10/30/14 12:41 PM (9 years ago)
Yes Chris this definitely is a MustHavePlugin. Thank you. Nelson

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
10/30/14 07:10 PM (9 years ago)
Chris- Thanks for the tip. seems obvious now ;) Sure will save a ton of time!!! I copied a screen which was so much faster now. I noticed that the row information for Table items were not copied. Does that mean that it won't work for child items?

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
10/30/14 08:02 PM (9 years ago)
correct - child items for a table will not be copied over via this approach. Sorry - not much you can do about that without some good ol' fashioned php work on a self-hosted server.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
10/31/14 07:20 PM (9 years ago)
Better late than never -- like the profile picture, Chris! :-)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.