FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
10/24/14 03:27 AM (9 years ago)

HTML plugin

hi guys, the html plugin works great on my ios app, but on the android version, it opens the html file ok, but when i try and go out of the html page, it crashes the app, im putting the file in the docs folder, is this a common fault and is there different plugin i can use. cheers

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
10/24/14 10:50 AM (9 years ago)
For me, on Android, the core html doc plugin is now as useful as a chocolate teapot. Instead, I use the html pro plugin, which allows you to reference html documents on Android with a user experience that mimics the previous and more correct (imho)v2 html doc way. Another option for Android only is to use the custom url plugin and reference the html file in your BT_Docs folder using the url notation file:///android_asset/BT_Docs/ However, if you are building an app that works on IOS as well, this isn't the best way. I personally prefer to use the HTML Pro plugin - I just use it as a straight replacement for the html doc plugin and it works on Android and IOS equally well. Good luck Sean and let us know how you get on. Cheers, Alan

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
10/24/14 11:00 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Alan Thanks for the feedback, I will buy the pro one and start playing, in the meantime i used app copier and changed to url plugin for the android version, theres about 300 html pages that need to include,(which has taken 2 days to change) lol so i will play with the pro plugin and see if i can figure it out, thanks for your help dude Sean

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.