Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 52

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
10/12/14 11:27 AM (9 years ago)

Cubbyholes - loadScreenObject

Hi Niraj, I noticed that your Cubbyhole plugin listed the following in the latest update: v1.8 - Sep 21, 2014 - Added loadScreenObject, Was wondering what that is used for, as it looks like all of your items already can load a screen? Thanks

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
10/12/14 12:02 PM (9 years ago)
When an item is tapped, the loadScreenObject specifies which "on-the-fly created screen" should be loaded next. That next screen does not need to be pre-defined within the BT_config.txt Instead, that next screen can be dynamically defined and created by a PHP server (or any other server). For example, look at my example of using loadScreenObject. I have it defined for the word BRONCOS in this screenshot. https://www.buzztouch.com/files/plugins/NS_Cubbyholes/screenshots/screen02.jpg Then look at the screenshot of my JSON. That JSON lives in a different file than the BT_Config.txt It is a MVP48.txt file. However, it could have been a JSON Stream delivered by a Server. http://postimg.org/image/hrntc0qon/ Bringing it together ... The entire screen was dynamically created by a Server by delivering a JSON set as a file (or as a stream). Then a tap on BRONCOS takes the user to a Screen that happens to be a CustomURL screen (in my instance). Does that help? -- Niraj

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
10/12/14 01:02 PM (9 years ago)
Wow that really is flexible. Thanks for including the images, made it a lot clearer! After seeing all of the updates and support, don't know why I waited this long. I purchased Cubbyholes today.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.