Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 80

RonBo
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
10/16/14 05:48 PM (9 years ago)

Android Background Image changing scale

Starting on my first android app, using Susan's fantastic "Menu with Image" plugin, and hitting an issue with my background image. Running BT 3.0, and have downloaded fresh Plugin code. Eclipse all up to date. From what i can tell, the background image is not handled by the plugin. My Menu with Image header image is: "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6320108/NCHunting/dadandson_logo_and_title.png" set to Large, with transparent background. My background image is: "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6320108/NCHunting/dadandsoncopy_testFull2.jpg" and it's scaling is set to Center. When the app loads, the background image is properly centered, and fills the entire screen, works in either orientation, and looks perfect behind the transparent header image...groovy. But when I go into any menu item, and return to home screen, the background image is no longer centered, but changes scaling to Full Screen Preserve Ratio. If I refresh all data, it starts working again, until I move off of Home and return.... Any ideas, or places I can look? I Thanks!

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
10/16/14 11:24 PM (9 years ago)
Have you contacted the developer directly?

Mark Simon
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 09, 2014
Lakeland
10/17/14 11:26 PM (9 years ago)
Yeah that is because in the in back function there should a calling trigger for on-resume to set in all the elements on place where required.

RonBo
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
10/18/14 09:44 AM (9 years ago)
Yes, I had a thread with Susan about her plugin (Menu with Image v3.4), which I use for my Home screen. Susan said that her plugin only controls the Header Image, but it's the Background image that is having the issue. No matter what the original Scale/Position is set to, if I leave that screen, and return, the Background Image reverts to Full Preserve. Is there anything this I need to do in the code, or a special way to prepare images for android?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.