Djdios
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 20, 2013
Valby, Denmark
10/16/14 07:52 AM (9 years ago)

Android mess in with my brain

Hi all I recently published an iOS app and I've now started with the android app, which I have to admit isn't as intuitive as the iOS (for me at least). I have a couple of problems already - the update button on the home screen isn't in the android version, how do I update it live? - I used a tabbed layout, but no tabs is showing in the app, only on top by text - The menu image plugin isn't showing my image even though the image is in the drawable folder. - the AT53 plugin is giving me an error - missing plugin. Could someone guide me in the right direction, because I'm lost.?

Djdios
Lost but trying
Valby, Denmark
10/16/14 08:17 AM (9 years ago)
Okay figured out some of it. When I run in emulator the menu image works fine and it asks me if I wan't to update the app. I just got an android phone which it isn't working on, so I think it's the software version. - The AT53 plugin works okay, but it won't stream my video file (mp4), just falls back with an error. - And I still don't have those tabs as iOS. Does it work this way? Man I'm in deep water with this android :)

rburns50
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 12, 2014
Bilston - Engla...
10/16/14 08:54 AM (9 years ago)
Hi there, if it helps: 1. Copy all your image files into all the available drawable folders, this is a practice I do for all my android apps and have no issues. 2. The tabs you refer to - I assume they are showing on top which is normal with Android (not as slick or as nice as iOS) 3. AT53 plugin - I have used it once and had no issues, ideally a description of the error itself may help. Best regards, Rob.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
10/16/14 09:34 AM (9 years ago)
>The AT53 plugin works okay, but it won't stream my video file (mp4), Ask the creator of the plugin directly. The tabs on Android show in top as that is the formal guideline for that operating system. "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" -- Android users expect the tabs to be at the top of the screen... Download several popular apps from your category and see what they do. Familiarize with the new operating system. The sooner you leave behind the idea that Android must act as it were iPhone, the sooner you will have your Android app up and running.

Djdios
Lost but trying
Valby, Denmark
10/16/14 10:54 AM (9 years ago)
Hi rburns50 & Dusko. I definitely have to get use to the new layout and you are absolutely correct. The error is that it can't load from the website but I double checked the link and it works, doesn't work local either, I'll contact the developer. Also I've got a Galaxy SII and when I run the app on the phone it doesn't update as the emulator does?

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
10/16/14 12:12 PM (9 years ago)
>it doesn't update as the emulator does? It should but if it doesn't, tap on the Menu icon (three vertical dots) at the main menu and it should show an option Resfresh All Data. Tap on it and it will download the latest version from the server.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.