Clint Hansen
Apple Fan
Reg: Apr 05, 2011
Des Moines
10/12/14 07:48 AM (9 years ago)

Eclipse conversion, simulator not starting

I have an app that I have wasted much too much time on & need to get it out for my friend. I used my self hosted Buzztouch to create a successful iOS app for him, but he had people requesting a droid version…. knowing that might be the case I only used plug-ins compatible with both. (most of the plug ins are pointing the user back top the client's website, so it is simple) In Eclispe, I was finally able to get rid of the red checkmark so I could run the app in a test mode… When I attempt to run it in a simulator, it just sits there and never gets past the "android" screen & I am too frustrated and no time left, so I am looking for help. I assume I am close, but do not know why it won't fire up… can't find help in Eclipse. The main part of the app uses parse push notifications. Works great in the Apple version. I am assuming that might be the issue, but I believe it is set up correctly & followed the rules step by step. If someone would be kind enough to consider looking at it, please let me know how best to send the files. Grateful for some help getting pushed over the top. Clint

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
10/12/14 08:03 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Clint! sorry you're having problems. But eclipse is a beast at times. 1) If at all possible, use a real device. Nothing beats actual hardware for testing. 2) Make sure your SDK is updated. 3) Clean your project. You might be trying to run mismatched code. 4) Add more memory to your simulator device. Do this during device creation. 5) Try it with a different project. Is it the simulator or the code? 6) Keep track of what's going on in the log. If it's halting or stopping before it starts, you may find clues why it does that. That's about as much as I can think of off the top of my head. But give that a shot and see if anything changes. Good Luck, and welcome to Buzztouch! Cheers! -- Smug

Clint Hansen
Apple Fan
Reg: Apr 05, 2011
Des Moines
10/12/14 08:06 AM (9 years ago)
Thank you! I will give that a shot.

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
10/12/14 11:38 PM (9 years ago)
Just wanted to add to what Smug said... I bought a device SPECIFICALLY for testing because the simulator gave me so much issues. Probably the best $100 I have ever spent, many headaches have been gone since I started using the Device. Anyways, good luck with your Android app! Cheers, David Van Beveren http://btmods.com/chat ^ Chat with other BT members live! http://btmods.com/hire ^ Hire MrDavid for one of his services!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.