maverick96
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 22, 2014
Orlando
10/03/14 06:06 AM (9 years ago)

Xcode 6 Launch Image Replacement

Maybe I'm just having issues personally, but what is the best way to change the launch images? I originally was going to have a splash screen but noticed people were getting rejected because of the black launch image. I've tried doing it through Xcode 6 but dragging and dropping not really working. Tried reading through other posts as well as googling but not understanding the process in Xcode 6. Anyone want to help a noob out? :) As usual, thanks in advance!! :)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
10/03/14 07:49 AM (9 years ago)
I would create all of the launch images you need first. Typically what I'll do is make a copy of the default launch images, and change them using whatever image/graphics editor you're happy with. Once you have all of them finished, and are satisfied with the appearance, copy them back into the Images.xcassets/LaunchImage.launchimage directory, overwriting the default launch images. All of this is done while xcode is NOT running. After all of this is done, start up xcode, and clean your project. You should be good to go. Cheers! -- Smug

maverick96
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 22, 2014
Orlando
10/03/14 09:00 AM (9 years ago)
Awesome. Thanks so much. Will give it a shot later. :)

Craig Conover
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 01, 2013
Menlo Park, CA
10/04/14 01:20 AM (9 years ago)
I have an app that needs to be duplicated 50 times. The launch images just need to be resized from the original image to all the other dimensions that are required. I got tired of doing this manually so I found ImageMagick. http://imagemagick.org/ ImageMagick is an image scripting command line tool. You can create scripts that automate all sorts of image manipulation operations (resize, merge two images, flatten, and more). I did this for the launch images and the iTunes display images. Here's a link to my scripts if you need a something to get you started: https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public/image_magick Cheers Craig

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.