Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 59

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
10/02/14 07:13 PM (9 years ago)

Ideas?

Looking to create a single screen that has an image that is replaced based upon selection from a scroll-able horizontal image area. Here is a mockup using the Menu Buttons plugin: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfcxi1pxmpgmgvx/Example_scrolling_menu_thumbnails_with_Image.png?dl=0 In other apps, I have used one of several plugins for the selection, (Buzz Carousel, Menu Buttons, etc.) and then loaded another screen, or have used the Thumb Viewer. I am trying to consolidate most of the actions to a small number of screens in order to simplify the user experience. (less taps;) How would you suggest building a single screen using a combo of plugins and custom code? Thanks!

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
10/03/14 12:23 AM (9 years ago)
You could modify the carousel relatively easily for your needs. Open the xib. change the carousel view to be half of the screen from the bottom. Add a uiimage view at the top. Reference the uiimageview in the .h file Modify the did click method, remove the load screen object part and add a line like [imageviewName.image = [[[uiimage imagenamed:[NSString stringnamed:@"%@",[self.screenItems objectatindex:index]objectForKey:@"image"]]; Simple lol obviously all code up there is rough as not in front of mac and cannot remember all variable names.

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Lillington, NC
10/03/14 04:45 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks Kittsy! Using with the carousel should work great. I forgot that there is a xib with the plugin. You sure make it sound "simple"- Will give it a try tonight. Just thought of this novice question... I don't want to effect my other carousel screens in the app. So what is the process to copy/rename? the Buzz_carousel.xib so it is used only with the new carousel screen?

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
10/03/14 05:33 AM (9 years ago)
mmm that will make it more difficult if you are using the carousel for others. It's complicated but you would need to create another xib rename it. then you would need switch statements so it will do two different things

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Lillington, NC
10/03/14 10:20 PM (9 years ago)
ok... got a late start here. Also figured it was time to go ahead and create a new project rather then testing in my other app that already has some Buzz_carousel screens. Will worry about switching the multiple xib later. Of course I got to do a couple of new graphics and setting up xcode for a new project too. Opened the xib. changed the carousel view to be half of the screen from the bottom. Added a uiimageview at the top. Referenced the uiimageview in the .h file Modified the did (didSelectItemAtIndex) method, commented out the load screen object part I didn't add the code for image load on tap because I already have two bugs to squish. Have attached a doc with snapshots- hopefully it is real obvious what I missed. (not to me ;) https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ed3dj7j7rqcjyk/Two%20problems.pdf?dl=0 Thanks! Only have worked with xib once before, and it has been too long...

2nd2none
I hate code!
Reg: Sep 29, 2014
Kinston
10/05/14 10:42 AM (9 years ago)
I just deleted my regular list style menu for the image button menue and now nothing is coming up except my background image and this message (missing plugin the android class file for this screen was not compiled)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.