Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 83

sam4ya
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 09, 2014
Barcelona
09/22/14 08:28 AM (9 years ago)

Plugin dev + advice needed for WP integration for two projects. See details below )

Hi Everyone, nice to be here and glad to meet ya'll :) I have bought these plugins http://codecanyon.net/item/push-notifications-for-posts/6868260 and http://codecanyon.net/item/push-notificationgcm-admin-panel/8817787 for my site, and I realised that it would be AMAZING if someone could point me in the right direction to using them in buzztouch apps. I checked thru the plugins and whole forum, but I cant see anything similar or hints to how I can do this myself, so can anyone know how to do this, and would be willing to take it on as a project to make a plugin for buzztouch (Android + iOS) ? Or any other thoughts/suggestions/ideas? Thanks!!

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
09/22/14 09:02 AM (9 years ago)
If you need WordPress integration, go hire SarahK at http://www.Buzztouch.com/SarahK That Push Notification plugin for WordPress was updated earlier in the year. Things might have changed since then for iOS 8. -- Niraj

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
09/22/14 12:37 PM (9 years ago)
Hi @sam4ya and welcome to buzztouch. That code canyon stuff looks interesting, but what you haven't explained is what you actually want to do with them. It looks like they are designed to generate the push direct from Wordpress. If so, it looks like these seem to be designed to work out of the box. Do these also provide code to go into your app? Or any kind of guidance? Is that where you are stuck?

sarahk
Code is Art
Reg: Jul 16, 2014
Auckland
09/22/14 02:27 PM (9 years ago)
Hi @sam4ya I'd be really interested in working with you if your timeframes were "relaxed". Niraj and I are cooking up some goodies from WordPress that would be right up your alley and additional input/perspectives are always useful.

sam4ya
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 09, 2014
Barcelona
09/23/14 04:16 AM (9 years ago)
Hi guys and thank you for your replies! @Niraj, the plugins seem fairly updated, and I've been in touch with the devs so far...and I did contact Sarah, thanks. @AlanMac sorry for not explaining enough, basically these plugins do very different things but imho, essential for a good setup. The first one, "Push notifications for posts" is the whole backend to make WP send out push with the title of a new post or custom post type when published. This one is lacking the front end, where the devices are registered and added to a db, and the app side of things to receive the notifications and store them for later viewing (for offline and after they've been received: think quotes, coupons, exercises for students, etc). The next one is the whole app and front end and backend with a beautiful admin area for sending push(check out the links and see the demo), which is very powerful...but is limited to Android. So basically, I'm looking for someone that can make a port/plugin for buzztouch apps, where the same functionalities can be present, either using the plugins themselves, or taking the idea from them. In the first one (push for WP), it would be literally a plugin to benefit from this functionality and tie in what they have made with a app. In the second one, it would be a buzztouch plugin that would create apps that can use the backend they offer (might have to buy their plugin), but being as powerful as it is, to me its a perfect setup. Is that better explained? If not let me try again :) @sarahk, hi and thank you for answering! Well, I guess I gave away the gist of my ideas with the above explanation, ha. How would you like to tackle this, as a private dev thing, or as a general plugin? I was hoping someone would be open to making a plugin that is readily available to everyone so the costs as buyers would be less, but if you want we can talk about fees for the dev of the project? Please let me know how you would like to proceed. AS far as the timeframes, they're "relaxed" as in its just for me and my own site, I have no rush, but I would like to use it with my english students from my WP site, so ideally before the end of the year would be great, but even if it goes into Feb, I'm sure there isn't a problem with that. I'm just starting out with this whole app thing and barely installed the self-hosting module, so the way I see it is there is no rush since I have so much to learn still. You can PM me if you like, to further continue this conversation, or here...either way :) Cheers!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.