Djdios
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 20, 2013
Valby, Denmark
09/22/14 02:33 PM (9 years ago)

iOS app to Android conversion

Hi all So I got my app in the apple App Store and now I'm getting pushed to do an android version of this one. My project includes a lot of images and I've used the MacImage gallery plugin for this, which doesn't work for android versions. Is there a way to use my existing project and work with it in eclipse and make an image gallery there or is there an easy way to create an android app?

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
09/22/14 04:07 PM (9 years ago)
>is there an easy way to create an android app Not particularly, not really easy, especially if you are coming from iOS as your first app making environment. >make an image gallery there It should be possible, with some coding, if you want to do it strictly in-app. If you are looking for help, I can have a look at what you've got and tell you what would it take to get an Android app.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
09/22/14 10:11 PM (9 years ago)
I put images into a pdf for android. One image per page. It generally works better to make the android app either before the ios or concurrently with th ios. Android has more limitations and more rules for resources, like how to name images.

Adam
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 23, 2010
Southern Califo...
09/22/14 10:43 PM (9 years ago)
photoswipe is a good alternative

Djdios
Lost but trying
Valby, Denmark
09/22/14 11:50 PM (9 years ago)
Thank you for your replies. @dusko: I might hold you up to that. @ Susan: not a bad idea. My problem is that I have to replace the image gallery with the pdf and I have over 300 screens. And also I have to copy the project or edit the project and replace everything in eclipse which I have no idea to do. @adam: looks like a great plugin but I not that great with code to know how to replace that script with the current plugin.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
09/23/14 12:05 AM (9 years ago)
@dusko: I might hold you up to that. You would be welcome.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
09/23/14 12:56 AM (9 years ago)
Hi @Djdios. You might want to ask @FunkyMonkey how he managed, as he has an ios app that he recently converted to Android and he had (I believe) a similar requirement with a similar number of images. I have used photoswipe in the past and had success with it. Strictly speaking, it isn't a plugin, it is mostly javascript and you can reference it from a customurl plugin. So integration into buzztouch app is pretty straightforward. You can either choose to host the whole gallery on a website or build it into your project.

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
09/23/14 07:51 AM (9 years ago)
yes photoswipe works awesome. i use flickr via custom url with photoswipe so my apps look pretty much the same in terms of viewing photos. the saving options that exist for all of the other image photos of course dont work natively. but the images look and perform great

Djdios
Lost but trying
Valby, Denmark
09/24/14 01:46 PM (9 years ago)
Thank you all for your help. I'll try to contact FunkyMonkey otherwise I might contact Dusko

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
10/02/14 01:55 AM (9 years ago)
Hi guys, i Used the photoswipe method, just uploaded the photoswipe file to my server, placed the images in the images folder, and pointed the screen in the plugin via the url plugin, to the folder on my server, no coding required as i fixed some of files in the photoswipe files that ive sent you djdios, if anyone else wants to use them, ive posted them here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l7g3vinezvpymhk/AAB0I2d1lCqIbiEPZFcyi84La?dl=0 cheers sean

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.